Your current view....

Replies

• mistwitch
    mistwitch Posts: 184 Member
    vcfbvqud2hdp.jpg

bunny!
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    An absolutely spectacular afternoon swimmin’ with my gal tossing back fruity drinks, lovin’ life and livin’ the dream. 🤙🏼

jwerbs37683j.jpeg

ba02m4u8rbou.jpeg
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    vcfbvqud2hdp.jpg

bunny!

I'm a lifelong city girl, so any nature astounds me, like a little kid. Sometimes astounds = scares. Marsh rabbits love to surround my tiny patio. I've seen as many as 6 at a time, all sizes, like a mum, dad & babies.

Have seen hide nor hair(re) of them (yuk, yuk, yuk) since this intense heat... then again, I've hardly seen any living creature since it's been 100 everyday.
  • mistwitch
    edited July 2021
    vcfbvqud2hdp.jpg

bunny!

I'm a lifelong city girl, so any nature astounds me, like a little kid. Sometimes astounds = scares. Marsh rabbits love to surround my tiny patio. I've seen as many as 6 at a time, all sizes, like a mum, dad & babies.

Have seen hide nor hair(re) of them (yuk, yuk, yuk) since this intense heat... then again, I've hardly seen any living creature since it's been 100 everyday.

Ive lived in the country (as opposed to city) for about 9 years now and I hope I never lose that joy of seeing animals 😊
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Was my view..
    asqsl46rjqtu.jpg

Was digging a hole to plant something . Hole got a lil soft.. sinkhole! 😳 (It's near water well. Guess the original well driller didn't backfill it correctly)

Lucky saw it before it gotten worst. Backfilled now .
  • mistwitch
    lx1x wrote: »
    Was my view..
    asqsl46rjqtu.jpg

Was digging a hole to plant something . Hole got a lil soft.. sinkhole! 😳 (It's near water well. Guess the original well driller didn't backfill it correctly)

Creepy

I discovered one like that when one of my legs fell in up to my waist. Aaaaand the hole had snakes in it.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    lx1x wrote: »
    Was my view..
    asqsl46rjqtu.jpg

Creepy

I discovered one like that when one of my legs fell in up to my waist. Aaaaand the hole had snakes in it.

😳

Was lucky.. didn't find any snake. (Hate snakes)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    vcfbvqud2hdp.jpg

bunny!

Every morning I take my dogs(one at a time) up my country hill road for a walk. I used to see deer, turkeys, foxes, and always got so excited. Now we have 2 hunters that live up there and I never see anything. Well, that's not true. I did see 1 lone turkey yesterday. :/ Along with farm animals. :/
  • tmanfive
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    vcfbvqud2hdp.jpg

bunny!

Every morning I take my dogs(one at a time) up my country hill road for a walk. I used to see deer, turkeys, foxes, and always got so excited. Now we have 2 hunters that live up there and I never see anything. Well, that's not true. I did see 1 lone turkey yesterday. :/ Along with farm animals. :/

Part of the reason I left the communist wealth of VA was because of hunters. I was the last house at the end of a private road. It all used to belong to a hunting club who sold off everything from my property to the main road. A single member kept a few hundred acres just past me. He had a right of way to access the land.

Every deer season he gave permission for the good ol’ boys to hunt that property. They ran dogs constantly.

They never had access to the land, gate was always locked, so they parked on part of the road I owned. They wouldn’t show written proofs of being there to me and the law wouldn’t do *kitten*. Not even the game warden.

I confronted them every chance I had. My chocolate lab ended up shot.

I ended up quitting my job, sold off 20+ acres of pine, and sold the house and property to some other dude to deal with.

The entire road was private and the 6 other family’s living there *kitten* but wouldn’t do anything.
  • tmanfive
    Just barely caught it…

oc65r3it6nwv.jpeg
  • kdroberts1
    kdroberts1 Posts: 181 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Just barely caught it…

oc65r3it6nwv.jpeg

Amazing!! 😍
  • BraydanTaffy
    Chicken breast stuffed with turkey bacon/pepperoni, sundried tomatoes, onions. Turns out that blackened sundried tomatoes are my new fave thing. To be followed by a Sam Adams Wicked Hazy IPA.

56kxcz3950ie.jpg
  • BraydanTaffy
    vcfbvqud2hdp.jpg

bunny!

Ive lived in the country (as opposed to city) for about 9 years now and I hope I never lose that joy of seeing animals 😊

It must be nice to be out in the country... but, I'm single, work & being that isolated alone doesn't appeal to me. I have no idea what I'd do. In the city, I can easily commute to free summer events, museums, ballet, all on my own. If I had an SO, I'd like to someday move out of the city. Until then, everything I need is nearby & I need a job... I'd think county life would offer less as far as employment.

Someday... as soon as George Clooney answers his phone.

giphy.gif
  • mistwitch
    vcfbvqud2hdp.jpg

bunny!

It must be nice to be out in the country... but, I'm single, work & being that isolated alone doesn't appeal to me. I have no idea what I'd do. In the city, I can easily commute to free summer events, museums, ballet, all on my own. If I had an SO, I'd like to someday move out of the city. Until then, everything I need is nearby & I need a job... I'd think county life would offer less as far as employment.

Someday... as soon as George Clooney answers his phone.

giphy.gif

I hope you get just what you’re looking for 😊
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    kdroberts1 wrote: »
    4vnady9jao6z.jpeg
    Life is good!!

Enjoy ☺️
  • tmanfive
    It sho is…

dba25ao2hla1.jpeg