Newbie :-)

Hello everyone, I'm new on here. I just started a couple of days ago. I have about 55lbs that I want to lose. I am doing Weight Watchers on my own. It is going really well. I do need motivation and support. My cousion invited me on here. I'm glad she did because I like this site. She is one of my reasons for doing this. She has lost alot of weight and I'm so proud of her. I'm going to make her proud of me. :smile: I have been overwieght all my life. I have tried so many diets. Weight Watchers is the only one that I can deal with. I really like the plan that they have. I wish all of you success. I hope and pray that I accomplish my goal. I'm sure with all of you here we all will be able to do that. :smile:

Replies

• Welcome Kathy! You have come to the right place! WW does have a great program! Add me as a friend, we can motivate each other!
  • Thanks Kenya, I need all the motivation I can get. lol
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Hey Kathy ~

I'm glad to see you here...as you already know, I'm looking for the knowledge and encouragement to continue on my journey. We didn't have enough participants at work to have the WW @ Work program this time around...imagine that, the company will pay for it but no one wants to participate...SMH. Anyway, I'm happy that a coworker turned me on to mfp because it's just what I needed.
  • Corig22
    Corig22 Posts: 31 Member
    Welcome Kathy!

I am a newbie too - for about 1 month and I have found the motivation a great tool. Add me as a friend if you like and we can keep each other going. Congratulations on makeing the initial effort! We are gonna be so fit we won't know what to do with ourselves right? =)
  • Hey Julie, I'm doing WW on my own. I have been doing pretty good. My biggest problem is, when I have a lot on my mind I eat. I also do it when I get upset. I need to control this, but it's hard. I don't eat a lot of sweets like I use to. I know with all the motivation from here and FB we sholud do very good. I want to see 50lbs gone by the end of the year. Well I will take 25lbs. :-)
  • Thanks Corig22 :-) I will add u too!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me.

Opal
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    You can do it, Kathy! Figuring out where our problems lie is half the battle...once we admit to those, we can then start finding ways to resolve them. The changes you have already made are awesome...I can see the changes in your pics. Let's keep working at it and we WILL get there. My goal is to reach Onederland by 12/31/11...that means I must lose 18 lbs. My weight loss has been slow but I know I can do it.
  • Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me.

Opal

Thanks and I will. :-)
  • You can do it, Kathy! Figuring out where our problems lie is half the battle...once we admit to those, we can then start finding ways to resolve them. The changes you have already made are awesome...I can see the changes in your pics. Let's keep working at it and we WILL get there. My goal is to reach Onederland by 12/31/11...that means I must lose 18 lbs. My weight loss has been slow but I know I can do it.

Thank you Julie. :-) I'm really trying hard this time. I have been exercising more and staying away from sodas. I know this time I am going to win this battle.

Julie, you are doing really great. We are not going to let obesity take over our lives. You only have 18lbs til Onederland. Wow, that is just great! :-)
  • Hi ( waving) I am new as well. I joined to also get some motivations and tips. I hope we can help each other. Happy Journey to you!!!
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Hi feel free to add me. I'm doing Atkins.. I tried tracking my calories however I noticed I ended up eating a lot of fried stuff, bread galore and I was even allowing myself to drink soda if I stayed within my calories. It just wasn't working for me. Good luck on the WW,.. it would be awesome to loose 50lbs by the end of the year!!!
  • Hi ( waving) I am new as well. I joined to also get some motivations and tips. I hope we can help each other. Happy Journey to you!!!

Hi MSMOMMYOF4, I'm sure we will get alot of motivation here. I'm always needing that. :laugh: Good luck to you and I'm here if you need me. We can do it together. :smile:
  • :smile:
    Hi feel free to add me. I'm doing Atkins.. I tried tracking my calories however I noticed I ended up eating a lot of fried stuff, bread galore and I was even allowing myself to drink soda if I stayed within my calories. It just wasn't working for me. Good luck on the WW,.. it would be awesome to loose 50lbs by the end of the year!!!

Thanks nrtenagrl and I will add you. I use to do Atkins, and I did really well. I decided to do Weight Watchers for the 4th or 5th time. lol I am doing really good this time around. We can lose at least 30lbs by the end of the year. It will take alot of dedication but it can be done. My goal is to lose 25lbs by Nov. 13th. Good luck and lets do it. :smile: