Ultimately, 120lbs to lose….

Options
Hi guys,
My name is Krystal and I live in Alabama. I’m new to MFP. I was diagnosed last week with prediabetes and have started using MFP to better track my carbs after being told I need to stick to a low carb, high protein diet. I currently have a goal of losing 30lbs by October because we are planning a family trip to Universal. My ultimate weight loss goal is 120lbs. I have a long way to go but would love to connect with some people on MFP to help motivate, inspire, and join me.

Replies

• OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi, Krystal.

I also got the pre-diabetes notice, and that has been a big motivator for me, too. I've lost 42# in the past few months with help from MFP: logging calories religiously, using the boards when motivation wanes, etc. Not a big exerciser yet, but that's next. Anyway, just wanted to say welcome and good luck to you!
  • jblak0137
    jblak0137 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here - I haven't been diagnosed, but I don't want to be so I'm kicking it into high gear now. I have 120 lbs to lose as well, and my goal is 30 lbs for a cruise in October and a friend's wedding. I have started doing 30 mins of high intensity exercise every day, cutting back on alcohol (still allowing myself a few drinks on the weekends with friends), and significantly improving my diet by cutting back on calories and carbs and increasing fruits, veg, and lean protein. I've always struggled with my weight as an adult, and this is probably my 20th time trying this sort of thing in my life. I have a really hard time staying motivated when I don't see the scale move or feel much better about my body. One day at a time - good luck.