Still on the bubbly

Options
Anyone out there have as much trouble saying no to a drink.

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    me!!! Cant seem to get off the Southern Comfort
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I still drink, but less often and less drinks when I do.

If I'm out, I'll usually alternate an alcoholic drink with a plain soda water, and stop after two alc drinks.
    At home I'll most often drink water or soda water but I often plan a glass of wine or a cider or a tequila/lime/soda into my day.

As long as I have the calories for it and it isn't every day, I don't see a problem.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd put it out there, alcohol decreases fat burn by 73% (among other things) this is the main one. Enough of a worry to scare me off drinking FOR LIFE!!! :noway:
  • Corby86
    Corby86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I drink regularly (weekly) but as Pinky said it does decrease fat burn by 73% (and that's for up to 72 hours after drinking)!

I enjoy having a drink but realize that it can seriously affect weight loss so I try to make sure I still stick to my calories - luckily I exercise regularly and earn A LOT of extra calories to do this.

For those who don't exercise, cutting down on calories in order to drink is not a good idea because you will most likely not be getting in enough nutrition with very limited calories to support your body's daily function.

Bare in mind guys that alcohol robs your body of essential nutrients that are required for the metabolism of alcohol. . . most notably:
    #1 - the B vitamins - it actually needs B vitamins to be metabolized
    #2 - the electrolytes (Magnesium, Calcium, Sodium, Potassium) from dehydration
    #3 - Vitamin C (more so if you are a smoker)

So if you have a big drink & you're on a diet make sure you supplement with these (especially the Bs)
  • thelambsy
    thelambsy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    well i dont know what is happening with me as i drink nearly a bottle of champage a night and i am averaging a kilo off every ten days?
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    One of the saddest calorie things I found out:
    1 shot of Jägermeister is 100 calories
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    One of the saddest calorie things I found out:
    1 shot of Jägermeister is 100 calories

sounds like a pretty awesome "100 calorie snack"

:-D