Non Scale NON Victory :(

Options
OK, as I'm 57lbs down and not seeing any difference visually I thought I'd take advice and measure myself.

I really wish I hadn't :(

I've gained an inch on my neck, and it's not exercise muscle.

I HAVE lost an inch from my waist, but I've GAINED over 2½" on my hips???!!!!!!

I won't give up, but this has really kicked me in the teeth and depressed me.

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    With 57 lbs down, you definitely should see a difference! Do you have "before" and "during" pictures that you can put side to side for comparison?
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i feel ya, with over 30 pounds i dont see a dif and when i measured i went up, kills ya! but maybe we measured differently at first as well
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    If you have any side by sides, thatd help. Just stick with it, and Im sure youll see the results you want!
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i feel you! my waist went down 3 inches but my thighs went up 1? but i did notice they are shaped different too. wonder if it just the fat settling in different places...
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I have put pictures side by side, and the only difference I can see is my face looks a little thinner, but come on, there's no way I can lose 57lbs just off my face LOL

I've asked people if they can see any difference and even when being totally honest, they only comment that my face seems thinner.

I can't post pictures yet on here but once I've worked it out I'll try and add comparisons.

I know I have such a long way to go yet, and when being so overweight to start there's generally quite a while before any change shows, so I guess I just have to be patient and carry on regardless.

I'm not going to let this deter me, but it hasn't stopped me from feeling really deflated today when I was on such a high this week, having managed to get to the leisure centre to do either gym or aqua-aerobics every day since Sunday as well as doing some exercise indoors - and to top it all the pedal has just sheared off my cycler and doesn't look as though it can be repaired.

Tomorrow is going to be a better day!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kristy1105
    Options
    Measuring is tricky. Did you measure on top of your clothes or underneath? Did you pull the measuring tape tight or hold it loose? Did you suck in your gut while measuring? Did you hold your breath?

It's so easy to get an inaccurate measurement; please don't worry about the numbers! It's all about how you feel and how your clothes fit!

It seems to me that we the last place we lose weight is the place we want to lose it in the most!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing a FANTASTIC job. Don't let this stop you in your tracks, I bet soon someone will surprise you and say... "hey, what have you been doing!"

PS. Measuring is tricky. My clothes are looser but I just measured my waist as 2cm bigger. Not sure how that works, I'm calling user (me!) error :smile:
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job! I love reading your posts, since it could be me most of the time! When I did my measurements, I pretty much had the same thing happen! My waist was smaller, but my hips/butt was bigger!!! Didn't need a bigger booty!! LOL! But I just keep going...I don't see any difference when I look in the mirror - but I am biased! I looked at some pix I had of right before the challenge and there actually is a difference in my arms...not much, but I'll take it!!

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to your next post!!

Take care!