Horrific old facebook pictures

Options
Does anyone else feel physically sick at the sight of old facebook pictures they've been tagged in? I want so much for them to just disappear and die! I know i've come a long way and shouldn't worry about the past but goddamn... seeing them just brings it all screaming back!

Replies

• ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Part of me goes 'aaargh, thats disgusting, I don't ever want anyone to see this' and another part goes 'aaargh, thats disgusting, but I need to see the difference'.
    Just looking forward to posting loads of new pics that I am proud off :happy:
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I believe you can delete the tags, wven if they're someone else's pictures...
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I have some pretty horrible tagged pictures, no difference in weight, I just look goofy and stoned (which is weird cos I don't smoke). I'm willing to come to terms with them though, I think they jar because they don't match my image of myself but they are simply a representation of one way I can look (which presumably everyone else sees all the time in fact, their conception of how I look is probably different again). No stress.

Congrats on loss by the way :-)
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Proud you stuck through it all, shows how dedicated you are in bettering yourself. Now you need to apply the same mindset in other areas of your life that might be lacking.
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Some of those pictures are why I'm here lol!!

It's true you can untag them, but they are still there for all to see on whoever put them ups profile, they just wont show on your own profile anymore. It's a start though.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I don't know, some are kinda fun! Big hair & glasses...! Makes me think I've aged pretty dam good compared to some of my classmates! :laugh:
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can untag them but I don't think you should! I think accepting who you are is a major thing in life and not meaning to sound all hippy like, it's the way to inner peace!! Don't try to hide it from yourself or anyone, be proud of who you were and who you are now and learn to like those pictures!! :) I have loads of pictures of myself where I don't look good.... but it's me, that's what I looked like!!! :)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I have to pretty much agree with everyone else.

Just accept them. They're pictures of who you were. Consider them as a reminder of what you have achieved since they were taken. You cant change the past.

:flowerforyou:
  • mroger801
    Options
    It makes me realize what a difference my weight loss has made. I'm proud of those pics and I'm proud of the new pics. Embrace it because it can motivate you to keep going!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    OMG yes! I have this one that is so terrible, I already have plans to make it my "before" picture. I hate that I let myself get so large, it looks like hell!!