How to lose inches not pounds??

Options
Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could help me.... I have lost a total of 21 pounds which is fantastic BUT im inbetween dress sizes so now ive come to the conclusion i need to lose inches and not pounds, im not sure how i could do this?!. I eat healthy, jog 3 times a week and do pilates along with use a slendertone belt (which i find has contributed a little)
Im just afraid that if i lose any more pounds i'll start to look ill and my body will look out of proportion, i'm approx 5 6", weight is 124.5lbs - 125lbs and inbetween sizes 8 and 10 (unfortunately they dont do a size 9) ANY help and advise is welcome

Thank you :)

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I think strength training could be the answer but I'm not an expert. There's a thread on the success stories board about someone who "only" lost 2.5 pounds but tons of inches with the 30 day shred. You should go and check the pictures, the change is amazing!
  • LisaLove240786
    LisaLove240786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll check that out right away... Thank you
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Strength training or weight lifting whichever term is less daunting for you...Lol.

Hit the weights at a level that is a real challenge to your muscles.

The weight should be heavy enough so that lets say yo do three sets of 15 by the las rep you know you cannot do another rep period.

This will build you muscle improve you overall look and you will loose inches quick time.

Hope this helps!:smile:
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Strength training or weight lifting whichever term is less daunting for you...Lol.

Hit the weights at a level that is a real challenge to your muscles.

The weight should be heavy enough so that lets say yo do three sets of 15 by the las rep you know you cannot do another rep period.

This will build you muscle improve you overall look and you will loose inches quick time.

Hope this helps!:smile:

yep. strength training. in the past 2 months i have lost 4 inches off my waist, 3 off of each arm, and 3-4 off of my thighs, though the scale has only dropped a few pounds. strength training for sure! good luck!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Lots of people that try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred say that they didn't lose much weight but lost lots of inches - that might be worth a try.

Another link - similar to above...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/342018-my-30-day-shred-results-with-progress-pics
  • LisaLove240786
    LisaLove240786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I will be purchasing this very soon :happy: Hopefully i'll get the results i want