Feeling Tired

Options
Lately, I feel really tired after lunch. I had a light lunch with some rice and chicken chilli today, but still feeling pretty sleepy.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    yeah, I don't ever feel tired or like I need a nap, but I know I'm eating the right amount of food and getting good nutrition, exercise and sufficient hydration and sleep.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    There's a LOT of factors that can affect how tired I feel. Some are as basic as the weather that day. Other things I have more control over.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,427 Member
    Options
    Could be the heat.

I’ve been nappish all week, and I hardly ever nap. When I do, I can’t sleep at night, but that hasn’t been a problem this week!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    jadu1536 wrote: »
    Lately, I feel really tired after lunch. I had a light lunch with some rice and chicken chilli today, but still feeling pretty sleepy.

Are you getting enough sleep? Is it good-quality sleep (i.e., not waking up frequently and having difficulty returning to sleep)?
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that if the tired feeling continues for several weeks, you might want to have your doctor test your iron levels.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Have you been checked for anemia or any vitamin deficiencies or diabetes? Your doctor can easily order a blood test to check.
    Do you fall asleep after a heavy meal, a carby meal, or after exercise? These are normal situations that can cause sleepiness. The parasympathetic nervous system isn’t just “fight or flight” but also “rest and digest”.
  • jadu1536
    jadu1536 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think it's often after I have rice for some reason, even though I measure it and never have more than one cup
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hmm. Rice always makes me super full. Then 4 or 5 hours later, I just can’t get enough MEAT!
    I don’t usually eat rice much.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a blood sugar issue, if it's persistent, i would think you should talk to your doctor, get blood work done. At same time, they can check for vitamins and hormone levels to see where you are. What are you usually eating for the rest of the day, does it affect you same way? Are there food/ meals that make you feel energized after you eat them?