water retention

Options
hi there.......i am diabetic and these past few days i have been drinking loads, i mean loads as in nearly 3/4 litres of water and juice a day. Been to my doctors and had bloods taken but now its a matter of getting rid of this excess water.....any ideas

Replies

• elsteer
    elsteer Posts: 12
    Options
    For me water retention is usually caused by the fact that I'm dehydrated. I make sure I drink at least 2 litres (8 glasses) of water a day and it keeps it under control. Even if I'm not thirsty I make sure I drink enough, and it helps me feel less hungry. A good way to make sure you keep drinking is to split them up during the day so have 2 glasses with every meal and one mid-morning and mid-afternoon :) Eventually you''ll find that your body responds more obviously when your dehydrated and you'll feel thirst more than hunger
  • CathyKat
    CathyKat Posts: 12
    Options
    I have water retention i am on lasix for edema in my lower legs for it , i was wondering if water retention can affect your weight , when your trying to loss it ? any ideas would be helpful, i drink water everyday , my doctors tell me to im kidney stone builder also i have had them 2 times , thats why i was asking .
    Cathy Moholland
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    If you are drinking that much water and not losing water retention then it's something else. More water in = more water out. Even if you sodium intake is high, the more water you drink the more sodium you release. Do you use the sauna at the gym? That helps too.
  • CathyKat
    CathyKat Posts: 12
    Options
    i dont have any acess to to gyms i can only walk around the park not from where we live and i walk up and down our road when we dont have relavitely hot weather which its going in to fall then winter , forget how it goes i know the kids here will be going back to school here Septrmber .
  • tipareth
    Options
    Less salt/sodium, less - fast food. Fast food contains lots of sodium additives.

- also look for a drug that contain those substances - Diosmin + Hesperidin.

Those substances help the lymphatic circulation from the legs, and venous circulation. We have in my country a drug called up Detralex, but I do not know the equivalent in your country. That's why I've mentioned the active substances, Diosmin, Hesperidin in order to look for an equivalent.

- a drug called Furosemide. This takes care of the retention of water

Ask your doctor about these drugs.

My both parents are medical doctors, that's why I know these things.
    Also my grandfather got water retention too, and from time to time he took Furosemide to take care of it. This should be made under medical advice, and with care, this is not a drug to play with.
    You will observe that you need to go to toilet and pee a lot, the water from your tissues is forced to come out. Also during the treatment with Furosemide you need to avoid salt 100%. Meaning zero salt. It's a must. Usually the treatment with Furosemide does not last long, only few days, and it's made only from time to time.

And yeah, you will lose some weight, only by taking out the excess of sodium and treat the retention of water problems.

Those problems can be solved out even without Furosemide, only by taking the salt out from your diet, or at least trying to use less and less. Also the substance I've mentioned before, - Diosmin + Hesperidin, are helping great deal with the feet, they will become thinner, with better circulation.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I got some waterfall tablets off ebay and lost 7lbs originally first time I took them, but then monthlies came.. tried taking them again and only lost 2 lbs.

If you haven't tried them before you might get a good result in first week but then it may go back again? I don't know how safe these are if you are diabetic.