Getting really discouraged now.

Options
Getting really discouraged now. I upped my calories from 1,200 to 1,500 because i hit a plateau. I lost 0.8 lbs that week when i hadn't lost for just under 3 weeks. I checked the scale 3 days later, had lost a further 1lb and was down to 196.2lbs. Now this morning i am 198.7...

I have not consumed more sodium than usual.
I do not drink alcohol or fizzy drinks, i only consume water.

The only different thing i have done is upped my calories by 300. I don't see how i can now be putting on weight after i just lost 1.8lbs getting out a plateau...

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Our bodies can fluctuate 3 lbs daily without us changing anything. 3lbs is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Try weighing less often.
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    Possibly just the fluctuation of water weight?
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My weight is pretty much the same way. I lost a lot of weight, gained some of it back, and now I just seem to be losing and gaining the same few pounds.

Could it be the foods you're eating? Are you getting enough sleep?
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to ignore the scale sometimes and focus just on your own health and wellness, using the scale as just an occasional guide. I recently checked my weight after my most recent weigh-in and the scale said I had gained 3 lbs! :O LOL, I knew this wasnt really the case, so I just chalked it up to water retention, stuck the scale in the closet for a few days, and went back to the healthy diet and exercise which have contributed to great success and overall wellness for months :) I encourage you do to the same.
  • mroger801
    Options
    The only other thing to look at is your exercise. Over the past month, I have not been able to exercise as much as I was doing previously, and now that I'm getting back into the routine, I dropped 5 lbs in a week.

Its just important to not be discouraged and to use MFP for support.
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    How are your measurements going? Have you lost inches, but not weight?
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    How much are you exercising? And for your size, 1500 may still be too low...

How long have you been losing weight for? Looks like you've already shed about 40 pounds... Might just be time to take a break, let your body relax for a bit. You should already be taking a break to do maintanence weight about two weeks out of every two months.