Hello Everyone

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is Danielle and I am 22 years old. I'm new to these message boards, and site really, I've had it for a while but just never got around to using it. I'm 5ft and 218 lbs, and I'm really tired of it and would really like to finally lose the weight and be happy. I'm here just looking for people who could help motivate me, and guide me as far as making healthier eating choices/habits.

Thanks!

Replies

• sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Hi!!
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Welcome =D
  • qtpie489
    Options
    Thank you ^^
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • knitwit99
    Options
    Hi I'm new too. Good luck x
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Welcome. When I first started, the hardest thing was knowing what to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat. In time you will get the hang of it. Most importantly, eat a good breakfast first thing in the morning to get your metabolism jump started. I usually reach for instant oatmeal because it's quick and easy. I will switch it up a few days a week with a healthy cereal like Cheerios or Fiber One.
    Make sure you drink plenty of water too. I hated water when I first started but I forced myself to drink it and now I crave it. If you force yourself to do things for a period of time, they become habit.
    Stay away from processed foods. Lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats like pork, chicken, fish and lately I've discovered ground turkey and I love it. You can do so many things with it. Tacos, burgers and many other great items. I was amazed at how good it was after thinking I would hate it.
    Get plenty of exercise too. I started out walking and like the water, I now crave a good walk. Once I started getting used to it and lost a few lbs I started running.

You can do this. Take it slow and make a life change out of it. It's easier than "dieting" and lasts much longer.
    Good luck!