What is Your Motivation?

Options
Hey everyone! It's been about two months now since I first created my account, and MyFitnessPal has really helped me stay on track with my diet. Despite the reality check I get if I go over in my calories 😳😂, I always keep a positive mindset by focusing on change the next day. Currently, I do a mixture of strength training and cardio about 5 days a week for over 30 min + with 2 days of rest. My motivation for working out is to overcome the challenges that eventually come due to being obese. I've seen my mother deal with managing her diabetes, and my father is dealing with heart issues despite him having a "tall and skinny" stature. Some people workout for vain reasons, but others do it because they want to achieve overall good health. Which one are you? I want this post to be a source of motivation for others who are just starting their fitness journey so any form of discussion is welcome! ☺️💯

***Btw I'm 25, 5'7 and currently weigh 230 lbs. My heaviest was almost 290 lbs when I was a senior in high school so my weight has gone down since then, but I was stuck at 250 lbs for a while. 🙄 I decided to finally get serious about my health back in May of this year, and my goal is to eventually hit 160lbs! Also, my diet consists of a mixture of moderate to low carb, high protein and low fat. I know it takes time so I'm learning to enjoy the process! Any tips for staying on track will be helpful too. 💪🏽

Replies

• antoinetterene
    antoinetterene Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Thanks for replying to my post! I'm happy that I was able to encourage you with the things I'm currently doing. Workouts can sometimes feel like a chore but it's all about finding an activity you would enjoy doing. Yes I definitely agree that it is helpful to lose weight in a healthier manner by not going overboard with calorie restriction etc. Also, I'm learning that what is most important is that we love ourselves no matter what shape and size we are! ❤️💯 I pray that you continue to see progress on your journey and enjoy each step of the process!