Being fat is becoming inconvenient. Be my friend.

Options
So I'm back here again. I've never used MFP with friends and I think that's what is going to help me here. I want to follow people's progress, and complain about my own :)

Being fat is inconvenient. I'm getting heartburn, some chaffing, and sweat embarrassingly easy.

I'm not ashamed of being fat. I'm in the Midwest, and compared to most my neighbors I'd be considered "healthy". However that's not the case. I'm skinnier than most my friends and family, not that it matters but just driving the fact home that trying to lose weight for me isn't for just looks and really not even health.

My clothes not fitting anymore is very annoying. Having to rebuild a wardrobe, isn't just enough of a pain, but the other things to consider. Will this show the sweat? Well this pinch my armpits? Does it cover the side rolls? Is it thick enough to not show my nipples? (I'm bra free). How about does it ride up when I bend over?

My posture is a wreck, and for being 37 years old...the hunch ain't cute.

I've asked myself, when is it enough to start caring. And now it's enough, I'm over it. What am I going to do? Who the hell knows, but this is a start.

So please, be my friend and read my upcoming updates and entertain me with yours.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Welcome back ... Having people here to help you along the way is awesome ....Feel free to add me ...Would love to support/encourage you on your journey :)

Also if you would like to join an awesome group that is full of support/motivation I will leave this link so that if you want you can join
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10839288/fat-2-fit-challenge-and-support-group-august-registrations-are-open#latest
  • justbr3n
    justbr3n Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks Megan! I added you and joined that group. Much appreciated!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    justbr3n wrote: »
    Hey thanks Megan! I added you and joined that group. Much appreciated!

You are very welcome .... Thanks for adding me ...You will love our group :) I need you to click on that link so I can add you to a team ...Thanks :)
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Doing this with friends is much more enjoyable! I sent you a request!
  • fitmattnotfatmatt
    fitmattnotfatmatt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Midwesterner here too, not the easiest region to lose weight in. I definitely felt when I got bigger it was like I joined a club of sorts, feel free to add!
  • justbr3n
    justbr3n Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Omg Matt....EXACTLY....100% felt like I had joined the club once I got up on the weight. Was part of weight centered remarks and conversations within the herd haha
  • wingedcatgirl
    wingedcatgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Motivation pals!
  • KristiCastro27
    KristiCastro27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for friends! Feel free to add me!
  • aly_souza10
    aly_souza10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is such an incredibly relatable post! Request sent
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I have found the friendship part of this whole system very helpful this time around. It helps to have like minded people in your corner.