watching what I eat + NASCAR = fun fun not so much

Options
I just started here again recently after my weight sky rocketed to 179 and my blood work came back at 204 cholesterol =( .... Vacation is taking me camping for the week and spending 3 days at the race track. How am i gunna pull this off..... Im stressing it a bit. And my hubby doesnt want me thinking about it and just enjoy.
Hopefully having the app on my phone will help me stay alittle grounded

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Take healthy snacks with you.

I've been to NASCAR races and the stuff they sell to eat at the track? Well...let's just say the nutritional values are lacking in it (plus, it is expensive). I know it'll be hard, but try very hard to take as much healthy food as possible. If you have to eat something from the track - try and choose something that will fill up, but isn't totally loaded with calories (choose a hamburger - ask for no cheese and only add ketchup and mustard to it. Skip the fries, chips or pop).

If you are careful - you can do this. But, it is going to take some pre-planning on your part and the ability to stop and think before ordering something once you get there.
  • sarabhorton
    sarabhorton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been putting a bag of Sunflower seeds (in the shell) into my purse when we go to our football games. Gives me something to do while everyone else is eating popcorn.
    I've also slipped a couple of light cheesesticks in my bag to keep the protein up so I wouldn't be tempted by nachos, etc.

Good luck!
  • 1myfit
    Options
    In the food tab on top of paige there is a database. Punch in your food you plan on eating first to see the damage it can cause. You might change your mind or at least eat less of it with something lighter in cals. You can do it. I'm looking forward to my weigh in since I have been strcit with my workout and meals. Love this site. Have fun. I'm heading to zumba.
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    In the food tab on top of paige there is a database. Punch in your food you plan on eating first to see the damage it can cause. You might change your mind or at least eat less of it with something lighter in cals. You can do it. I'm looking forward to my weigh in since I have been strcit with my workout and meals. Love this site. Have fun. I'm heading to zumba.

I HIGHLY recommend what she suggested. If I'm going out to eat, I start googling food values to help me make my decision on what I plan to eat for the day. It helps me make better choices.
  • wenders74
    Options
    Hey All !
    I havent had a chance to get back to the forums since I left, so here is the update...
    thank you for the support and advice. I took granola bars and trail mix minus the m&ms, and bottled water. If I did splurge I made it a small portion. And actually with all the walking around the track for 3 days, I lost a pound =)

Thanks again!