Weight Loss Exercise/Food Tips

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm just trying to get some exercise and food tips that have worked for you. I tend to work out with a personal trainer and he's big on using weights with a little cardio thrown in every now and again. Now I am in another state with no personal trainer so I'm going to have to motivate and go to gym by myself. I always walk in there and feel so lost. I'll usually just end up doing the elliptical because it's familiar but I'd like to find other helpful exercises.

Also, when it comes to food I am completely clueless. I mean I know pasta, rice, and fast food are bad foods but that's the extent of it. I love pasta though but I make sure to whole grain which I guess helps a little, but I don't know how to eat healthy. So any and all tips you could give me would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• Bouneschlupp
    Bouneschlupp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi!

In my fitness club you can always ask the stuff to show you how to use the training machines and they give you a personalised training plan, maybe they do the same at your club.

I also like pasta, and so I try to put my vegetables in my tomatoe sauce. For the busy days I have some ready-made organic sugo, which counts only 27Kcal/100g.
    I also like soups a lot and they make it easy for me to increse my vegetable intake. Here again I have a quick solution: I buy some frozen vegetable mix which I cook with 1-2 litres of water and afterwards I put it in the mixer.

Good luck!
  • Anya1982
    Anya1982 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here are it is! Amazing web site, free of charge and there is a beginners version on all videos!
    I am very happy to know this site!
    I am sorry I have not discovered it earlier in my life! it would save me lot of yo yo dieting, low self esteem and exessive pounds!

http://www.bodyrock.tv/
  • elmsallmissile
    Options
    Thereis no such thing as a bad food, only excessive amounts or insufficient excercise to match it!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thereis no such thing as a bad food, only excessive amounts or insufficient excercise to match it!

i agree. you can eat pasta and rice, you just have to control your portions.

As for the exercise, why cant you follow the same routine you used ot do with your personal trainer?