Newbie:)

Options
Hi all, I'm new to the site. I'm 30 and I weigh 17st - eek!
I weighed myself this morning and although I knew my weight had crept up I didn't know it was quite that bad. So I really need to do something about it - I've tried before but have to admit that previous diets have lasted no more than 2 weeks. The cravings and headaches just get too much for me and I give up.

But I feel more determined now than before because my hubby and I would like to start trying for a baby in about a year. I want to get my body in a better state to grow a baby:)

Look forward to getting to know some people in the same position.
Wish me luck!!

Replies

• LadieP68
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Page2777
    Options
    heya hun

this is a really good place to get motivated i cant promise you it will be easy eating and putting Kcals on is always 100x easier than burning them back off but if you have a goal (to have your baby) and your on here i can almost guarantee you will lose weight we will all motivate you
  • JRMCK64
    JRMCK64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi mate welcome to MFP its a good site to gain friends with common interest. Well the first bit of advice i can give is if you want to diet it will never work i tried them all the J.C the W.W the QUICK Loss the SHAKES nothing work for me now i go to a naturopath and the first thing he said to me was its got to be a life change not a diet so we sat down and nutted out what i would miss and he has given me the tools to lose weight it may not happen as fast this way but you can stick to it. I have loosed 58 kg now 128 lbs and going well i find nothing i really miss and it works for me, look at it as a life change and make choices that you can stick with
    hope this helps i am open to active friends that take the time to comment so add if you like cheers
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on joinig this site, you will luv it.
  • knitwit99
    Options
    Thanks for the replies:)

I feel really overwhelmed at the moment by how much I need to lose. I constantly feel exhausted and have low energy levels, I get mood swings and feel very depressed at times, but fine at other times.

I do know what a healthy diet is - I can cook healthy food and make good decisions about what I eat, but to be really honest nothing feels as good as plonking myself on the sofa with a big bag of crisps and a bottle of coke.

I'm quite a secretive eater, an emotional eater, I don't really like to sit down to a big meal but prefer to graze. I want to exercise but lack the motivation - I am embarrassed to be seen 'trying' I suppose.

I feel like I need to change my whole way of thinking - a complete lifestyle change and that is overwhelming.

So if anyone has the same issues - feel free to add me - I'd like to support and be supported:)
  • calamityshell
    Options
    Hi Knitwit,

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that we are in the same boat. I joined last week (this is my first post = shy:)) and lost 4lb which i was really pleased with and i am now 17st! i was horrified and determined when I saw the scales hit that but it is time to draw a line and get thinner. Me and my partner are also hoping to start a family and I would like to be in better shape before I start this journey for mine and the baby's sake.

I am an emotional eater and also when i am bored so these are my triggers I need to be aware of and if I can be of any help/support to you on our journey to sveltdom please feel free to add me :)