Bit of a daft question, but... (re automatic goals)

Options
Hi, I've not formally introduced myself - so, I'm MrsBlobs (aka Liz) from UK and a bit of a chubba lubba at the mo.

Anyway, I've lost 10lbs. as of today and when I weighed in it suggested that I change my goals.
Me being me I said 'Oh no, doing just fine thanks very much' and continued with my present goals and stuff.

Thing is - now I'm curious as to what it would have changed my goals to. Does anyone have any idea? Would my calories be reduced or increased? Would it have upped my exercise goals?

Thanks in advance, I'm not even sure why I said 'no' now, considering I didn't know what I was saying 'no' to ('NO' does seem to be my default for anything on the internet so maybe I just did it by habit :happy: )

Any ideas would be welcome.
Cheers.

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Your calories go down each time. As you have less weight to carry round you burn off less and need to eat less calories.

Welcome btw, I am from the UK too :)
  • Kryscave
    Kryscave Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not a daft question at all!
    Mine got reduced automatically by 100 calories. Exercise stayed the same because I got asked when I signed up/set up.
    Hope that helps!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that every 10 pounds lost the system will prompt you to reset your goals because you BMR has changed. Your BMR is the total number of calories your body needs just to live each day and it's based on your weight and height. So as your weight goes down your total BMR will be going down. If you don't reset your goals as you lose weight your daily calories will not be giving you the same deficit as when you started so you might not lose as steadily or at the same pace. You can always go into your 'Goals' and redo them anytime, you don't have to wait until the system prompts you. :)
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it will decrease your calories for you based on your goals and current weight, until you get to 1200 calories/day - then it won't reduce it anymore.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ok - thanks guys very much, didn't have a clue. Thing is - I'm already at 1200 for the crime of being a short ar$e. In that instance (grlnxtr) would it go down beyond 1200?
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ok - thanks guys very much, didn't have a clue. Thing is - I'm already at 1200 for the crime of being a short ar$e. In that instance (grlnxtr) would it go down beyond 1200?

I doubt it will since 1200 net is the agreed upon minimum for a woman. :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've had that question pop up three times now. Each time I've said 'YES". The first time, it cut my calories from 1770 down to 1720. The last two times, it just left the calories the same - 1720. I'm not sure how it decided that.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi. I don't think you're at 1200 because you're a short *kitten*! I'm at 1200 and I'm 5 ft 11! I have been asked several times whether I want to redo my goals and I have always said yes. But nothing changes so I guess as others have said it won't go below 1200.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options

I doubt it will since 1200 net is the agreed upon minimum for a woman. :)

So from what you are saying, and Up Early, it probably wouldn't have changed at all then....unless it thinks (at 4'10") I'm a little girl...?
    :smile: