I didn't lose weight this week?

Options
I have been under my calories most day, been to the gym 6 days out of 7.

And still no wieight loss.

I went over by 300 calories, but that can't be enough to stop me losing a pound.

I am so disappointed.

Replies

• Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Maybe you r toning... do you feel tighter? It's been a long week yes but I'm sure next week will be better, never mind the scale, keep up the good work, the pounds will come off, even more awesome, the inches will come off.:happy:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    probably building muscle simultaneously while losing a few inches off your waist. but look at it this way... you didnt gain!!!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    you can over work out.. and if you are building muscle, muscle tears make you retain water.. and if you aren't using an HRM you may not be adding the correct calories burned.. OR if you are under calories for the day, depending on how far under, you may not be eating enough.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    We need to see your food if you want help.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You've lost 12lbs which is good! It's the bigger picture you need to look at, not one week on it's own. So long as you keep going in a downward trend a 'maintain' is fine.
    Also, I'm doing JM's 30 day shred (slooooowly, it won't be 'in' 30 days I can tell you) but, when I started that week I maintained and then when I eventually went up a level, I maintained for that week too. I think engineman is right, you may just be building a bit of muscle and it's offset your fat loss. Which is no bad thing.
  • kwamgee
    Options
    that happens to me occasionally. Not sure if it might be the case for you, but whenever this happens to me, for a day or two I'll eat up to the amount of calories required to maintain my weight, then drop back down to -500 or -1000 and that usually does the trick. I read somewhere about starvation mode and metabolism slowing down with the reduced calorie consumption.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    it's all a guess without seeing your diary.. as mentioned above.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I didnt lose last week either,but, lost 3 lbs, the week before. I think some weeks my body just doesnt want to lose. Hang in there, it will come off.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    We need to see your food if you want help.

Agreed, and also weight loss isn't linear. there are ups and downs and some weeks you will lose zero and others multiple pounds. This is especially true if you are strength training.
  • Sandrea1981
    Sandrea1981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Is there a setting for you to view my food diary?

If not, I have a daily goal of 1790 calories.

In the last 7 days I have eaten 1608, 1331, 1592, 1698, 2272, 1492 and 1572.
  • Sandrea1981
    Options
    I have done 2 swimming sessions for 30 minutes each, 1 aqua aerobics for 45 minutes, 1 aerobics class for 45 minutes, 60 mins on cross trainer, 1 hour and 40 minutes on a treadmill walking on an incline.

I am feeling disheartened, as I am getting married next Wednesday and I was hoping for a few more pounds to be lost before the big day.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Go to Settings > Diary Settings > Diary Sharing and select Public.
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation... since starting MFP at the beginning of July this is the first week that I haven't lost. :cry: But! I haven't gained either! :indifferent: So even though it's a little upsetting it's something that happens and this should make your next loss even more exciting! That's what I'm telling myself. It seems that you're doing a lot of exercise to tone so take measurements to satisfy your expectations.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    I wrote blogposts about this topic just this week (feel free to read). When you don't lose weight, celebrate your NSVs. They are just as important to the journey as the scale is.
  • Sandrea1981
    Options
    I have set my dairy to public.

Let me know your thoughts.