Filling Foods!

nicolesdiet0809
nicolesdiet0809 Posts: 21
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I posted a topic on the cabbage soup diet and I thought I would start a new thread on the base of that thread. During the time of the month that I'm on my period I tend to overeat a little. Its like I don't get the feeling of being "full" during that time. The rest of the month I have no problems with that! I quit drinking soda and only drink water which was helped decrease my appetite. I also eat a lot of salads and oatmeal for breakfast. But I was wondering if you guys knew of any foods or recipes that are "filling"?

113233.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• I posted a topic on the cabbage soup diet and I thought I would start a new thread on the base of that thread. During the time of the month that I'm on my period I tend to overeat a little. Its like I don't get the feeling of being "full" during that time. The rest of the month I have no problems with that! I quit drinking soda and only drink water which was helped decrease my appetite. I also eat a lot of salads and oatmeal for breakfast. But I was wondering if you guys knew of any foods or recipes that are "filling"?

113233.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hummus and veggies, lentils ... a bowl of raisin bran:flowerforyou:
  • Hummus and veggies, lentils ... a bowl of raisin bran:flowerforyou:
    You have lost 51 pounds since January 1st??? What in the world are you doing??
  • inspiron
    inspiron Posts: 13 Member
    baked potatoes
    cottage cheese
    cabbage
    eggs
  • You need to have something with protein. Carbs tend to not satisfy and do not take long for the body to burn. Cottage cheese, turkey, chicken, tuna or for breakfast Kashi go lean waffles and some egg beaters. Also, I love to have a small amount almonds (half a serving is about 14 almonds and 80 calories) if I am between meals.
    It has been proven that during PMS a woman's stomach empties 25% faster - which is why women tend to be hungrier and want to eat more during that time.
    I would NEVER recommend Raisin Bran .... it has more sugar than most other cereals - you would be better off eating a bowl of Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops. They are whole grain and have less sugar.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    gnocchi with pasta sauce...tasty, filling, and not overloaded with calories. Fruit smoothies, too...I like to use 1 cup of frozen or fresh fruits, light or fat free yogurt (dannon activia is my personal fave-70 cal light fat free) and water...low cal, tasty and filling :happy:
  • I have to agree with the fruit smoothies. I have tried many kinds, but the isagenix vanilla with some fruit added in (the frozen tropical mix from Costco) and 5 ice cubes is super thick and rich and incredibly filling. Tricks me into thinking I am having a yummy shake and it keeps me full through lunch!

Congrats on your weight loss!
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    I love Fiber One's Raisin Bran. It's filling, not sugary at all, and only 170 calories a pop.
  • Thank you so much for all the responses!

I have been making pancakes of the morning using Fiber One Pancake Mix and I add a few blueberries and use sugar free syrup. It really seems satisfying especially when I need something "sweet".

This may be sad but I have no idea what hummus is! I've heard the name itself but don't know what it is!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    cheese, meats, beans, eggs. Look for things high in protein and add them to your salads or meals. Maybe have a couple scrambled eggs with your breakfast or grill chicken to add to your salads. I have to disagree about carbs not being filling though. I actually find whole grains (rich in fiber) very filling.
    combine these types of high nutrient, filling foods with fruits and vegetables, which will add bulk to your diet, and you're set. :flowerforyou:
  • You know I do very well on foods high in fiber as well. I actually take a Fiber tablet and with water that is how I have cut back my appetite. I'm not kidding in the past I could easily go to somewhere like McDonalds and order two double cheeseburgers, large french fry, and then two apple pies. If I felt like I was "starving" I would get chicken nuggets as well! So when I started this new healthy lifestyle I started drinking nothing but water and taking the Fiber Choice Weight Management and it really helped my appetite. I decided to "cheat" one day while out with friends for lunch and I ordered a cheeseburger and fries. I was only able to eat half of the cheeseburger and half of the fries!! Major change for me!! But its just during the wicked time of the month I battle the appetite problem!

113233.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
This discussion has been closed.