Nervous newbie

Options
36 yr old , surgical menopause, had HRT review and well they said im obese! I have fibromyalgia and IIH so registered disabled. I used to be a skinny 9st gym bunny until health decline so finding this hard to accept. Ive also had issues with food in the past (i was very restrictive) . Any advice, support would be great thank you x

Replies

• boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest things for you will be the support and encouragement you can get here! Make friends and stay active!
  • Smijahol
    Smijahol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Everyday remind yourself, this is YOUR journey and that you can overcome these new challenges and break through in a way that's best for you. Remind yourself, YOU are worthy of your time and effort. Set reasonable time lines too... if it's been a while since you last did it, it takes time to undo the changes you've already been through. I may not know you... but I'll believe in you!
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    As @boilerdawg2009 already said, the community is incredible here. I started back two months ago and while I'd taken advantage of the food logging in the past, I never really checked into the various forum threads. This time, I've gained so much encouragement from all the generous and knowledgable people here who have walked the talk. They inspire me every day and after many years of struggling with my weight, I'm finally starting to believe I can do this. You are here. That's a huge step!!