87 Pounds in One Year???

Options
In April of 2020 (the 26th to be exact), after losing my Mother to COVID on 4/2 I took a good, HARD, HONEST look at my life and what I was doing. I weighed 281.6 pounds (feel free to look at MFP logs). I was still coaching and competing in triathlons, marathons, etc. but was KILLING myself.

Had to find something. Change my whole outlook on nutrition, and did a HELL of a lot of mental work.

At 195 now and holding.

These races are SO much easier now! :D

9bfudmh3vtpf.png

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    teamE4E wrote: »
    In April of 2020 (the 26th to be exact), after losing my Mother to COVID on 4/2 I took a good, HARD, HONEST look at my life and what I was doing. I weighed 281.6 pounds (feel free to look at MFP logs). I was still coaching and competing in triathlons, marathons, etc. but was KILLING myself.

Had to find something. Change my whole outlook on nutrition, and did a HELL of a lot of mental work.

At 195 now and holding.

These races are SO much easier now! :D

9bfudmh3vtpf.png

Condolences on the loss of your mother, so sorry.😕❤

Happy for you that you were able to turn your weight and health around , great job looking good and motivating🤗👍❤
  • KelpieLass
    KelpieLass Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I'm so sorry you lost your mother. But I'm glad you're feeling great and looking good. Well done.
  • 147Fit
    147Fit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your Mom would be so proud! Well done you.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss, but I am sure that she is looking at you and saying: that is my boy! Keep up the good work and be safe.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you lost your mother: My feeling, when that happened in my life, was that it was if the sun fell out of the sky. She'd always been in my universe, a central part, then she was gone. I'm thinking that could be a common feeling, that dislocation, among those of us with wonderful mothers. Sympathies, and hugs.

You've accomplished so much: I'm betting that your mother would be really proud of you (probably always was 😉, but an extra dose for this), and touched that she had inspired you to further self-improvement.

Yours is a really powerful story: Congratulations on everything you've accomplished. It especially resonates with me, as someone who was also a fat athlete (with huge benefits from being active) then found her way to even higher quality of life at a healthy weight.

Wishing you further Goodness as you continue on your healthier course!
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is such an inspirational post. To have someone who is already in better shape than most of us do the really HARD work to get in even better shape makes me think that my relatively smaller goals are within reach. Thanks so much for posting.
  • sandysaia
    sandysaia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story.sorry for your loss. Please if you have a chance can you tell me what some of your go to foods are?Like a typical day of eating for breakfast lunch and dinner? Thank you so much.
  • Jynx09
    Jynx09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations 🤗
  • projectgethuge85
    projectgethuge85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    teamE4E wrote: »
    The transformation in pictures

yg0n48augw4k.jpg

Wow
  • CurtisHouse160
    CurtisHouse160 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I started around the same weight at 284 lbs back in October. Down to 206 as of today. So close to being back in the 100s for the first time since 2001. Condolences for the loss of your mom.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!