Mindless Snacking Support Group

Options
My biggest issue is eating for the sake of eating. I constantly grazing after lunch even though I am not hungry.

I am posting here to become accountable for snacking.

1 - I will only eat when I am hungry
2 - Chocolate will not enhance my mood
3 - Food taste better when your hungry

Please join me if you are having the same problem.

Replies

• Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!!

:) Good luck.
  • moon_light10
    Options
    I'll join please
    I tend to eat when I'm stuck indoors, or when I'm bored.
  • lottywood
    Options
    Good post. Snacking is a bit problem and i'm pretty sure everyone is guilty of it. Its just tooo easy to snack :)
  • kaizo
    kaizo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm always fighting the snack urge!
  • k2thaj
    Options
    I am definitely with you all, my biggest vice was always snacking!
  • miss_motivation
    Options
    It's only on workdays too. I am fine on the weekends.

Going to check back each afternoon.
  • bellecraic
    bellecraic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    guilty here too!!! im actually sitting here right now wondering what i could snack on, i just had some grapes and im thinking ... hmmm i need something nice!!! .... ok now ive read ure post i'm gonna resist.... thanks :)
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am in! This is definitely my problem area lately. Snacking on the wrong foods.
  • Ellyabell
    Ellyabell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Totally in. I crave snacks, especially when I am studying and/or being bored. Will have to cut them down though. I plan to allow me one snack a day and apart from that don't keep anything in the house. Unfortunately my roommate likes to store sweets, but does hardly ever eat them.
  • amyp26
    Options
    I def have this issue also.. I find that I am only eating when I am hungry all day and than after dinner I start to snack and snack which then leads to me sabatoging my entire day! I am really ready to overcome this rather annoying habit.
  • m2purple
    Options
    I'm in! I am usually really good until after lunch, then the snacking begins.... When I am reading my book, I always seem to need something to snack on, and if the kids ask for a snack, I sit and eat one too! I am never hungry for them, but I eat it and then feel soo guilty!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Pick me, pick me! Mindless snacking has been my enemy all my life....maybe I just get bored?? Or perhaps was a grazing animal in a previous life...lol....any which was to help keep me accountable is great!
  • miss_motivation
    Options
    Everyone check in each day after your 'danger time' mine is 14:00-17:00.
  • debbieschu
    Options
    I've read/heard that having water close by helps curb the "snacking" thing. You may be thinking you're "hungry" or need to "snack" but may be unconsciously thirsty? Not sure but I usually guzzle water when I feel the urge to snack. Then if I am still "hungry" then I eat something.
  • amyp26
    Options
    So last night I was great all day and than... the after dinner munchies set in.... How did everyone else do last night? Today I am determined to do something else instead of snacking at night..
  • moon_light10
    Options
    had a nice lunch, soup & bread, and now have started to get the munchy feeling
  • miss_motivation
    Options
    I was so good yesterday, had my mid afternoon fruit and dinner and no snacks all day.

Today, someone at work brought brownies and could not resist.....
  • k2thaj
    Options
    I am trying to substitute water for any snacking feeling unless I have veggies to snack on. Let's see if this works :)
  • amyp26
    Options
    booo I gave in to my mindless snacking last night... I need to be more focused on drinking water if I am "hungry" and keeping myself busy.. heres to a better day!
  • dclassi1
    Options
    I need some serious support...my snacking is horrendous!!!
    Goal for the week, buy more fresh fruits for my snacking urges.