New to the group!

Options
Hi everyone! I’m happy to be here. Getting started is never a problem for me - it’s just hard for me to keep going when things get challenging or I don’t see the results I want quickly enough, so I figured I’d log on here to get/give some encouragement to folks on a similar journey!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

I hear what you're saying, and that can for sure be a trap. There's a little inherent conflict in there, IMO, too: The strategies that are sustainable through challenging times are sometimes the ones that produce more gradual results.

One smart person around here talked about finding a minimum set of habits that would be pretty easy to sustain through challenges, and a more discipline-requiring set of optimal habits that could be put into high gear when other parts of life were a bit less demanding. (The minimal group were kind of a subset of the optimal, and sometimes less formal.) The idea was kind of to make it OK to slow down loss, maybe even maintain or just limit gain during stressful periods, but make faster progress when life let one give it more time/attention.

Just some thoughts.

No matter: I wish you success with your own goals, and it's nice of you to want to help others along the way, too!