Hobbies? What do some of you like to do?

Options
ChrisGoesCoo
ChrisGoesCoo Posts: 21 Member
Just kinda bored atm, so I thought I'd just make this post out of curiosity and to possibly make some new friends on here 😅 Anybody have any hobbies or stuff they do for fun they wanna share?

My main ones are, like, gaming on my Ps4 or Nintendo, reading comics from all types of genres, manga and some novels, watching old films, going to the gym, exploring the city and always trying to find new places to check out, some anime when I have time, listening to music, playing basketball, cartoons (im always up all night watching Adult Swim 🗿), YouTube, ect. I've also recently started hiking as well.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I consider cooking a hobby, in addition to being a necessary weekly task. I participate in Reddit's 52 Weeks of Cooking challenge, where each week there's a theme and you make a food related to the theme and post pics of it. This week's theme is Armenian, a cuisine I'm not at all familiar with, so that should be a fun challenge. I'm planning to make a batch of lamb shank gouvedge, which is basically a lamb-and-vegetable stew that's finished in the oven - it sounds delicious, I like all the ingredients separately so I bet they're great together too, and baking it in the oven to finish is an interesting twist. Sometimes the themes are tied to a particular culture or cuisine like that; sometimes have to do with particular techniques (julienne, grilling, fermentation); sometimes they center on a particular ingredient (coconut, rice, mushrooms); and sometimes they're more abstract or wacky ("one color," "nostalgia," "last meal")

I enjoy listening to podcasts. I'm a big fan of horror fiction - I'm really liking Old Gods of Appalachia, and I need to relisten to The Magnus Archives. Lore is nice for bite-sized semi-fiction, and I'm looking forward to Bridgewater, which drops tomorrow I think. I also like podcasts about history, science, culture, and linguistics; faves in those categories include Futility Closet, Stuff to Blow Your Mind, Sawbones, and Lingthusiasm. I also like My Brother, My Brother, and Me and The Adventure Zone, but I haven't gotten too deep into the rest of the legion of McElroy Family podcasts. I'm really liking TAZ: Ethersea so far - I love listening to the boys and their dad having fun in general, but the setting and the characters this season are top notch. What I really need is to find more time in the day to listen to all these ding-dang podcasts, honestly.

I also like a good TTRPG - some friends and I just finished a published AP (!), Pathfinder's Second Darkness, which I ran. One of my players is wanting to start up a scifi-flavored homebrew 5e game soon that I want to join, not sure what I'm going to roll for that but I have a Wyrwood Inquisitor rolled up for a Pathfinder game my husband was running that's now on indefinite hiatus, so maybe I'll figure out how to port that character to 5e because I love them. I'd also like to try some non-d20 systems at some point; my PF group played You Awaken in a Strange Place a few times, which is nice for one-offs, but I'd also like to try more "serious" systems like Mothership (a d100 system loosely inspired by the Alien franchise), or a Powered by the Apocalypse style d6 system like Monster of the Week. Systems like those seem a lot more "lightweight" than Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons - the mechanics are a lot simpler and there aren't lists upon lists of items and spells with stats and rules to keep track of, basically you just speak a thing into existence and roll to see if it works how you want it to, and you and the GM work off of each other to decide what happens.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    I like to shoot my shooty bang sticks.