Don't know what to do

Options
I am back to my original weight and I am eating around 1200 cal a day .. using a food scale...I feel I need to go below 1000 but I don't want to....

Replies

• tluisa311
    tluisa311 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You should try making your food diary public and giving a bit more info about what you're burning daily along with your stats (height, weight, age, gender, activity level, etc)
  • sourbee00
    sourbee00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise so not sure about the burning.i also keep a food notebook so I don't have to keep opening my phone .I am 31 female and 5'1
  • sourbee00
    Options
    Thank you and for me I keep the notebook in the kitchen..I personally don't like being on my phone often
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Height, weight, gender, age, job?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Unless you're very tiny already, even 1200 is likely too low.

How long have you been keeping track with the food scale and losing NO weight?
  • Viktoria2022
    Viktoria2022 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is much slower now when I am closer to my goal weight, which is on the lower side of normal. When I looked at my BMR it is 1447 kcal. I also try to do 1200 per day. It is insanely easy to go over with 200 kcal in a day, which would bring me to maintenance. I started to exercise 6 days a week now and am not eating back my kcal, hoping that means I will drop some more. These last 10 lbs are very slow with many plateaus.

But watch your mental health - I am personally at risk for an eating disorder, so I started to take photos instead and measure myself to see progress and get motivated, plus trying to go by how my body feels generally. Don't over focus on a number on the scale.

Also, I always gain when I am about to get my period.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note: BMR and maintenance are not the same thing. Maintenance would be higher than BMR. How much depends on how active one is, how much they exercise...
    My weight loss is much slower now when I am closer to my goal weight, which is on the lower side of normal. When I looked at my BMR it is 1447 kcal. I also try to do 1200 per day. It is insanely easy to go over with 200 kcal in a day, which would bring me to maintenance. I started to exercise 6 days a week now and am not eating back my kcal, hoping that means I will drop some more. These last 10 lbs are very slow with many plateaus.

But watch your mental health - I am personally at risk for an eating disorder, so I started to take photos instead and measure myself to see progress and get motivated, plus trying to go by how my body feels generally. Don't over focus on a number on the scale.

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Height, weight, gender, age, job?

This, and do you weigh everything in grams/oz or also use measurements like cups and tablespoons? Any cheat days? Logging all drinks and condiments? How long since you lost weight on the scale?
  • Viktoria2022
    Viktoria2022 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you. I am really no expert so should probably not answer questions. I honestly do not know anything about maintenance, just a little about weight loss, as I lost 30 lbs since 2017 and still working on it. I just identified with looking at the scale too much and feeling discouraged that the number didn't move. I do think it is super easy to "accidentally" add 2 - 500 Kcal, which if you are small framed will make a difference - that is my experience. It was the reason I stopped weighing foods and instead focus on nutrition and changing habits. I wish the OP the best of luck!
    Just a quick note: BMR and maintenance are not the same thing. Maintenance would be higher than BMR. How much depends on how active one is, how much they exercise...

• sourbee00
    Options
    Thxa everyone I will try to change my way of logging..I have been doing it in my notebook a d later at night I will go and check on the phone how many calories everything was
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Original weight means you've regained lost weight? Am back to a weight you wanted to be at? You feel you need to go under 1000 to lose more weight, like how much?
    If you're truly taking in 1200 calories and want to lose more weight(how much and are you wanting to lose more than you realistically should?)what about upping your exercise to use more calories instead of taking in less food?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    How much do you weight. Alternatively are you within normal weight (below BMI 25), in the overweight category below BMI 27, overweight above 27, or at BMI 30 or above. How long have you been trying to lose? How much did you lose and regain and in what time span

While not ideal for various reasons while trying to lose weight, if you're using the scale and logging later and the numbers don't make sense they won't make sense either when logged earlier. Of course if you're missing things that's another story. But your starting and current points are just as relevant and missing from the thread so far.
  • SL62814
    SL62814 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sourbee00 wrote: »
    I am back to my original weight and I am eating around 1200 cal a day .. using a food scale...I feel I need to go below 1000 but I don't want to....

Have you tried joining a weight management program, it’s better to join these programs because they provide customized nutrition plans according to your body requirements. One of my friends is also a part of such a program from ginihealth which has really helped him to achieve his desired weight.