Anyone with only a small amount to lose?

Options
I’ve put on 10lbs gradually over 2 years. It’s not much but it’s really affecting my mood and motivation for life. Anyone else with a small amount to lose but still finding it hard?

Replies

• TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I put 30 pounds on over the past 3 years. I have slowly lost the majority of it but am finding the last almost 10 pounds very difficult. I find myself losing motivation now that the loss is slowing.
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lol i have like 30 lbs to lose i guess for aesthetics ? hah. people tell me i look great and i dont need to lose that much... but i like looking more petite. so yea, idk i feel like cause im short im already experiencing that too... like i was eating 1485 calories and i was losing only 1 lb and sometimes 0.5 lb a week but i think its because im short lol... so i gotta eat less but thats really hard, i like to have a little extra sometimes
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Still have about 10lbs left (after losing 20 from Oct-Mar). Can't eat less than my current 1200-1400 per day.

Someone on this site gave me some advice ... accept that my rate of loss might only be 1lb per month until I get to goal. I've accepted that how it's going to be. I also started a recomp at the beginning of June which is making me stronger and more toned but done nothing for my weight.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I have 14lbs to lose but struggling to lose it as static at the moment.
  • txTiffanytx
    txTiffanytx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Small goal here, looking to lose 10lbs.
    I'd love to lose 20 but my goal is 10. I feel like hitting 130 (140ish now) will be heathier for my height/age. 120 would be nice but somewhere between 120-130 is okay with me!

I'm the same that just had weight come on over time. Nothing drastic but now that it's up to a total of 10 I can feel the difference. So I definitely want to reverse what I'm blaming on covid weight and get back down to where I was comfortable before.
  • StellarIam38
    StellarIam38 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lillyy23 wrote: »
    Lol i have like 30 lbs to lose i guess for aesthetics ? hah. people tell me i look great and i dont need to lose that much... but i like looking more petite. so yea, idk i feel like cause im short im already experiencing that too... like i was eating 1485 calories and i was losing only 1 lb and sometimes 0.5 lb a week but i think its because im short lol... so i gotta eat less but thats really hard, i like to have a little extra sometimes

I wouldn't eat less, rather experiment with your macros, and weights/cardio.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • StellarIam38
    StellarIam38 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Loosing the last little bit of weight can be tough sometimes. But I believe that continued focus and determination is key.

Remember, after a while it becomes a 'science's meaning proper and more strict- workouts, eatinghabits, etc.

Feel free to add me as a friend, anyone 😀
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    22lbs to lose, and yeah, I find it pretty hard. The hardest thing is to put yourself in a good mental state to start - since you don't have that much extra, and it's not so bad, it's much easier to just be lazy.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 10lbs - max, and more realistically to a weight I can maintain about 5 (there is a point where the maintenance calorie level is below what I will be able to stick to, so I'm not overly fussed if I don't get all the way there). Honestly for me the hardest thing is I don't like doing super precision with logging/tracking. I do both, but with estimates, so the 'wiggle room' to still have a deficit where I see loss is hard. My original plan was getting through summer and then doing a week of maintenance calories alternated with a week of a higher deficit - same average loss, but not having to go hard and fast without break, or having to get super precise and doing bad things to my brain.

In reality though over summer just because of my higher activity level I have continued to lose at about the same rate I was, so I guess we'll see where I land and if that's even a thing I need to do.
  • jacqueliinemorris
    jacqueliinemorris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "I wouldn't eat less, rather experiment with your macros, and weights/cardio." What are macros? I only have 7 lbs to lose to be at my ideal (inner happiness) weight, and I've been struggling with these 7 lbs for 6 months!!
  • 406MamaBear
    406MamaBear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also have about 15 pounds to go…it is slow going! I like that advice to accept the rate of loss may be more like 1 pound per month. Thanks for sharing that! Of course, I still *should* tighten up my weighing and logging as that’s where I struggle the most.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Determined now to see results.