The mom flap...

Options
I need some workout advice to get rid of the loose skin on my lower belly where the baby belly was. Anyone??
Or any advice on loose skin!!

Replies

• Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well! BUMP.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Ab ripper is working for me.....but its hard.....because its not fat.....its just skin....good luck to you hun :flowerforyou:
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of time. Eat clean and workout regularly and eventually you will get there. I thought I was never going to get rid of it. I use to try just working out but it didn't really happen until I cleaned up my eating too.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Depending on how long it has been, loose skin is tough to get rid of. It will tighten some over time.
  • KeepItOff4Life
    Options
    Well, I've had people tell me that if I do abdominal workouts it will go away, because they had a friend of a friend who did it......whatever! It's skin, not going away without surgery. I had a doctor actually tell me that. He said however, that I could do the workouts to get rid of that fat that was underneath, but that I would have the pooch unless I got it operated on. So, go see a doctor and let them tell you what to do because everyone's body is different, so you never know!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Ab ripper is working for me.....but its hard.....because its not fat.....its just skin....good luck to you hun :flowerforyou:

^^^ agreed. It all depends on your skin's elasticity. I think over time it should improve with exercise and eating right. Mine is slowly but surely shrinking. But it just takes time.
  • amkelley
    Options
    I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video and there are a few things on there that she says work on that lower belly flap area that is like a muffin top on your pants. It is mostly crunches where you lift your legs at the same time and other crunch related activities. I think you can find the video on youtube and see what the exact exercise looks like. I have had 3 boys- so I am trying SO hard to get my tummy back to normal! It was close to normal and then I got pregnant with my 3rd little boy, lol! Good luck to you!
  • aschultz9
    Options
    It's all in genetics. It will go away for some people with diet and exercise. Even at my lowest weight (5'7 and 117) and in my best shape I had that loose skin.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't have a flap, but the skin is a little looser there than anywhere else. I think with time it should go down some (if it's just skin), if you're dealing with skin and fat then you need to get your bf% down, your waist line will shrink, and in time your skin will too. I know that I've read on here that for people who have lost large amounts of weight quickly it's recommended that you wait a year to have the skin reduction surgery because it can sometimes take that long to shrink back up. Losing a whole person from your body in a day is a quick way to lose weight.
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    30DS! I totally see & feel a big difference..recommend it 100%!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Spanx works for me. No luck getting rid of the flap after my C section--Fat gone: *check*, muscles toned: *check*, skin: *mocking me to the end.*
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Mine went away when I changed my eating. I cut my sugars back to 20g a day, ate tons of lean protein, and steamed my veggies. It's back a bit now but I just had a baby 3 months ago. You can get rid of it and tighten up that skin a bit - it just takes some time.
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Spanx works for me. No luck getting rid of the flap after my C section--Fat gone: *check*, muscles toned: *check*, skin: *mocking me to the end.*

I needed that laugh this morning!! Not that you share my pain, but how you posted it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jonesz922
    Options
    Mine went away when I changed my eating. I cut my sugars back to 20g a day, ate tons of lean protein, and steamed my veggies. It's back a bit now but I just had a baby 3 months ago. You can get rid of it and tighten up that skin a bit - it just takes some time.

I already follow the sugar rule, time to add more veggies!! The fat there is gone, the muscle is there, the skin is just being stubborn!!!
  • jonesz922
    Options
    Thanks Mumma's!!!

More 30DS here I come!! and hopefully no surgery some day... damn genetics! :flowerforyou: