Ladies & Gents, what's your favourite exercise/ routine?

Options
Hey everyone,

Just curious as to what your favourites are!

Replies

• willo78
    willo78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Walking my dogs or doing flyball with them, not that we've done a lot of that over the last 18 months but looking forward to competing again :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I run The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout every five months like clockwork so I guess that's my fav 🤷🏿‍♀️

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/the-10000-swing-kettlebell-workout/
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    On water rowing, hands down - 4 days a week in Summer, weather permitting; usually biking 2 other days.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love strength training. Especially the ones that target arms. Caroline Garvin has awesome strength training videos so I do them. I like to walk and jog too. I have love/ hate relationship with HIIT😂
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Trail running, Rebounder workouts and Isometric exercises.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Boxing pad work or strength training for hypertrophy.
  • JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Jump rope and body weight exercises
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Hiking or backpacking is my favorite exercise, though I can't do it very often any more as my husband can't do it now. Mostly I run or walk around the neighborhood, with some stationary bike, yoga, or tai chi for cross-training.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Indoor recumbent elliptical is the one thing I can do, thus it is my favorite.

When I was younger and not disabled my unicycle was my very most favorite thing in the world. Rode it every chance I got, including in the hallways of my high school between classes. :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Just rowing in 2sets - 5km/26-28 mins @ per day 5 day/wk.

Use to do a lot more but found that this is all that I need to do to stay in shape.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Lifting heavy...squats, deads, bench. Especially when I PR.

Oh... and slow pitch baseball. Love that too.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My favorite things to do for exercise are things that I actually enjoy doing. I don't actually want to be like...oh I have to do exercise today. So the only things that I know I will continue doing have to be motivated by more than just --- getting a workout in.

I am a runner. I really enjoy running, for a number of reasons. I used to run cross country in school. I am bad at meditating and I think running serves the same function for me. I'm focused on my route, my breathing, how my body feels, the sounds I hear, the beautiful trail I'm on (I'm so lucky where I live to have a high quality/safe running route). Over time I have noticed significant improvement to my mental health - particular anxiety struggles.

I also love hiking and rock climbing. Just so happens that they are also great physical activities that I don't have to call 'exercise'...LOL. They are fun hobbies instead. =D

The only thing that I do that is straight up 'exercise' in my head is that I have to be pretty on top of some glute strengthening stuff or else my knees yell at me....so I'm really only doing it bc I don't want to not be able to run.

I am hoping that when I start to see some more progress with my weight for that type of stuff I will become more intrinsically motivated by progress there too, but I'm not quite there yet with the weight lifting part.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Yoga!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Cross country skiing, rock climbing, scrambling, hiking, cycling, swimming in lakes.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    PHUL. Its so customizable, and I love working out 4 days a week, so this just works for me! I know I should try GCZLP 4 day but, when you find something that works... :)
  • PCGull
    PCGull Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Quite partial to picking up heavy things and putting them back down. The Leg Press always makes me happy though because I can put up some big numbers (Current best is 5 reps of 520kg/1146lbs).
  • rockymountaindawn
    rockymountaindawn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Swimming and yoga 🥰
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    My favourite activities are different from one season to the next. In the winter I x-country ski or snowshoe most days with my dogs. In the non-winter months I trail-walk my dogs, paddle a dragon boat, and kayak. There are also things that I don't enjoy as much but I do them because they are good for me: yoga, strength training, and running. For the most part, any activity that I can do outdoors is a favourite.
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I dont like routines. I like functional exercise. We're homesteaders so cutting, splitting and stacking all our winters firewood, gardening and growing food, fishing,hunting etc.

Also my job is physical(PSW in long term care)
    My hobbies are active and outdoors.

I cant bring myself to do home workouts or follow videos or just....run down a road just to run.

I can do the gym but the closest one to me is an hour away so it's not feasible.