Pandemic Pudge Purge - 42/m/Canada

Options
Hey there. As the title says, I'm 42/m/Canada. I have a beautiful fiancee (who's on this journey with me) in a blended family and we have 6 kids between us.

I used MFP many years ago to get in good shape. However, I have turned to unhealthy options as coping mechanisms to deal with life's many stresses. Paddling through this pandemic with 6 children has been stressful, to say the least. So I am here to turn the page on those unhealthy ways and take responsibility for my health. My partner and I quit drinking alcohol a couple of months ago, we've been exercising daily (or almost daily), and have been tracking calories via MFP and mixing in some intermittent fasting for a little while.

I thought it was time to say hi and meet some of the great people on this site. I know from experience how beneficial the support of this community can be. Anyway, my intro sounds super serious and adult. I assure you, that is just for the formality of the introduction. I'm all about the goofiness, keeping things light, and not taking life too seriously.

I don't care how old you are, what your gender is, where you're from, or any of that other stuff that comprises your demographic. Drop me a line, add me as a connection, and let's support the hell out of each other as we strive to get healthier and less jiggly.

Replies

• Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I grew up in the lower mainland but have lived in Toronto for years.
  • burnabybrandon
    burnabybrandon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! How do you like Toronto vs. the Lower Mainland?
  • littlered662
    littlered662 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, 6 children through the pandemic! I'm not sure stress is an accurate word 😁. Well congrats on getting back to the journey.
  • AldiAttorney
    AldiAttorney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.
    I'm currently on a journey to reclaim my past glory in losing fat and looking fit as well. This time with similar method I used years ago, but I hope to be connected to positive people in this community, especially with the pandemic going on.
    I hope you don't mind, I'm adding you to my FL.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
    I’m in Central Ontario so we’re kind of far off neighbours 😂👋
    There’s definitely a lot of great support and encouragement here. Feel free to send me a FR. I’m all for the keeping things light and fun 😊
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Similar situation to me. Success several years ago with MFP and now back after a gain. My significant other and myself have 7 kids between us so I understand your situation. It is a feat. I wish you and your fiance much success! Sounds like you are definitely headed that way.
  • RA_Warrior
    RA_Warrior Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am not from Canada, but I like Maple Syrup (too much)

I signed up yesterday at MyFitnessPal but started 10 days ago. I have a ton to lose, including pandemic weight.