I've lost just 2.1kg in 8 weeks

Options
48 old women

I work out 5 days per week (gym or runs) plus every day 10 000 steps (no newbie always did exercise). I have set up my calories deficit -750kcal per day (once per week I eat a bit more - not overeat my natural intake), also I don't eat processed food. I've lost just 2.1 kg in 8 weeks ( about 5cm in tights, just 1cm in the waist). Shall I adjust my calories intake to lose more weight?

I need to lose about 10kg in the border of overweight/obese now.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,933 Member
    Options
    That's decent progress in my opinion.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,418 Member
    Options
    We need more information:
    how tall and heavy are you at the moment?
    How many calories did mfp give you and what rate of loss did you chose?
    Are you using a foodscale and measure everything you eat in grams?
  • paja02
    paja02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @yirara thanks for the reply.

I'm 161cm / 78kg, my calories are calculated on Fitbit (linked via Myfitnesspal -750kcal a day), I use a scale to measure food.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,134 Member
    Options
    So how many calories are you actually eating?
    Your fitbit may be overestimating your calorie burn.
  • paja02
    Options
    @Lietchi average 1600- 1800 kcal per day
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,500 Member
    Options
    paja02 wrote: »
    ….once per week I eat a bit more - not overeat my natural intake…..

2.2kilos is about five pounds. For eight weeks, that’s pretty darn good.

^^^this grabbed my attention. What do you mean by this?

My “natural intake” is what got me a hundred pounds overweight. One day eating like I used to, and I could easily be 6000+ over my daily goal.

Overall, you’re doing just fine. It’s not a race, and losing it slowly leads to good habits to keep it off. No way do I want to be the one posting “back again” in five years because I put it all back on.
  • Lietchi
    edited August 2021
    Options
    paja02 wrote: »
    @Lietchi average 1600- 1800 kcal per day

If you feel like doing some math, you can calculate your own TDEE.
    - Add up the number of calories consumed the past 8 weeks (or if you have a menstrual cycle, one or two full cycles)
    - Add to that the number of kilos you've lost during that period and multiply by 7700 (preferably use your weight trend for this instead of individual weigh-ins which can fluctuate)
    - divide by the number of days of the period you're looking at
    Et voilà, that's your average daily TDEE for that period, provided you're counting your calorie intake fairly accurately and you don't have any unusual water retention going on. You can then use that number to calculate your deficit from and also compare with what Fitbit said your TDEE was for that period.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    PS: your current rate of loss is perfectly fine too, slow losses are more sustainable, so don't feel that you have to lose faster.
  • paja02
    Options
    @Lietchi @springlering62 thank you very much, I will keep going and will check again in few weeks
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You seem to be averaging about .5 pounds per week instead of 1.5. Some combination of: your body burns lower than average for your statistics, you're overestimating calories burned, or you're underestimating calories consumed. Its easy to do - even when you make a good effort to avoid errors.

How do you feel about the amount of food you're taking in? Energetic, satiated? If you think you can manage it, lower your calorie goal by 250, see how things go for the next 8 weeks. Or keep going as you are, slow is ok also.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,000 Member
    Options
    I think 1.5 lb per week is probably too aggressive for the amount of weight OP has to lose.