200 calorie meals

Options
mariakershaw123
mariakershaw123 Posts: 15 Member
Anyone have any recipes for 200 calorie meals?

Replies

• miss80z28
    miss80z28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are pretty filling, and can be low calorie - you just have to be careful what recipes you use. The really yummy looking ones can be 500cals+ (I'm looking at you Pinterest!).
    I like 1/2C oats 1C unsweetened almond milk 2Tbps low fat vanilla greek yogurt handful of blueberries 1tsp maple syrup. Mix and let it sit in the fridge overnight and it's good for the next day. It's about 200cals.
    Search "overnight oats" and you'll get lots more recipes :)
  • denisemlarnder
    denisemlarnder Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also, a really filling one is 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese (80 or 90) with 2 cups of watermelon. A little bit under 200. You could use strawberries too instead of watermelon, basically the same number of calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Not really a meal to me either, but this website can generate some ideas. Put in 200 calories and 1 meal.

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

It looks like, for lunch & dinner ideas you will need to bump up the calories.
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Envy apple sliced, 3/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt and a 1/2 cup blackberries.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Couple boiled eggs and some berries. Not really something I would consider a meal though...but I do similar for a breakfast snack.
  • patshipp5
    patshipp5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make a pan of this mixture and freeze it in 1/2 cup plastic containers. I usually have two of them for 252 calories total. They're great if you spread the mixture on Ole Xtreme Wellness Wrap totillas and air fry 5 minutes so they get crispy. (Sort of like a taco)
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/318920236270533vrvltkjlqcy.jpg

• patshipp5
    patshipp5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also make a lower calorie knockoff of Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. I just tried remaking this one today using diced canned potatoes instead of cooking and dicing up fresh ones.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/1729066622767179ilbdvfaltj9.jpg
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    chicken breast baked or sauteed with fresh sauteed spinach seasoned to your liking.
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention, if you don't want to cook, you can have a good portion of pretty much any cereal if you just swap cow milk for almond or cashew.
  • danymetta
    danymetta Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Try mixing 1 egg with a half grated zucchini and a palm of low fat grated cheese. Below you have the link to my easy recipe but it has twice as much eggs and zucchini. Cut those 2 in half and you'll reach your 200 calories.
    zv7fd1x7l5kt.png
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Egg white and asparagus. 170. I bake 1/4c white with two stalks, in a muffin pan. Sub any veggie, eat 2!
  • Jonathan_d_Evans
    Options
    There's probably a good few soup recipes in the ~200 calorie range, you've not real said which mealtime your looking for. Breakfast i would go with a couple of veggie sausages with mushrooms, spinach and baby tomatoes. if you were aiming for 300 i'd add a poached egg. Otherwise salads are going to need make up the bulk i suspect