Hello Community

Options
I am a 47 year old wife and mother. I am a repeat offender at Weight Watcher and Noom and just about everything else. I am creeping way too close to 50 and I am heavier than I have been since 2007. I am currently living with my husband and my parents as my parents have not been in the best of health and I am trying to lighten their burden. Needless to say, I am exhausted 90% of the time and that leads to overeating or not eating and many other terrible habits.
I am committing myself to live a healthier lifestyle for my husband and children and my parents. I need to be the best version of me that I can be. I am committing to some sort of activity every day for at least 20 minutes and to staying within my calorie goals for at least 5 of 7 days. I feel if I can make those 2 changes I will start to see a difference.
Any and all encouragement is welcome.

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    “I am committing myself to live a healthier lifestyle for my husband and my children and my parents”…

Umm, what about YOU? You’re the most important person you can make those changes for. I can relate to much of your post, and like you I was always wanting to make changes to my health and weight for reasons other than loving and wanting better for myself. Once I got to that place, I’m now finding I’m able to make this journey with what I believe are lasting changes to my lifestyle. Why? Because I deserve it for ME.

It’s tough being a caregiver and having to realize that it’s ok to be a bit “selfish” and take care of YOU first. But you can. Give yourself that permission. You’re worth it ❤️❤️❤️❤️