C25K for beginners

Options
I’m looking to start a small C25K group, for beginners to check in at least 3 X per week. We will work together in accomplishing the weekly tasks, so you must start at week 1. I ask that you agree to commit to the program by checking in and completing the tasks as expected. I need support and encouragement, just as you would, so let’s keep each other motivated.

I’ve done C25K previously, and made it to week 3, but slacked off, and lost my mojo. I promise to stick with the program this time, and will post the weekly tasks and report results.

If you have never ran before, or it’s been many many years, this challenge is for you.

Let’s limit the challenge to 10 people so that we can develop a close-knit team.

Please let me know if you’re with me...We’ll discuss/agree on a start date.

Felicia

Replies

• hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it. I just started on Monday, but I'll just keep doing week one until we are ready to begin properly.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'll join!

I just completed the first day of week one today.
  • illy823
    Options
    I’m looking to start a small C25K group, for beginners to check in at least 3 X per week. We will work together in accomplishing the weekly tasks, so you must start at week 1. I ask that you agree to commit to the program by checking in and completing the tasks as expected. I need support and encouragement, just as you would, so let’s keep each other motivated.

I’ve done C25K previously, and made it to week 3, but slacked off, and lost my mojo. I promise to stick with the program this time, and will post the weekly tasks and report results.

If you have never ran before, or it’s been many many years, this challenge is for you.

Let’s limit the challenge to 10 people so that we can develop a close-knit team.

Whats C25k????? Because I can't fully run but i can jog..... Let me know... illy

Please let me know if you’re with me...We’ll discuss/agree on a start date.

Felicia
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am doing day 2 of week one tonight. Day 1 almost killed me.
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started three weeks ago, but had five days in the middle and when I got to week two I just couldn't do the 4th interval. Part of the problem is that the way the route goes, I'm going up hill for that interval. Not sure how to fix that problem. Thinking I should go back to week one and join you all. Let me know if you want me there!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I did some running on my own before I discovered the c 25k method. I am in week 5 of the program. keep with it, you guys will be running like champs in no time. YES IT IS HARD. push through savor the walks and love the results.

just a side note. I found an app for my android phone that coaches me when to walk and when to run through audio cues. its pretty awesome.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Whats C25k????? Because I can't fully run but i can jog..... Let me know... illy

It stands for Couch to 5K. It's a method to help non-runners be able to accomplish a 3 mile run in about 9 weeks. The first couple of weeks were doable, but week 3 was hardest for me.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    ok, so...

hikingmonk
    pandabear
    tallen

How about we accomplish week one this week? If I have a few more takers, I'll form a closed group.
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is what I need. I have tried c25k and never committed just lack of "mojo" as someone said. Committing with a group will be my incentive. If you want me let me know. I can start anytime.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    ok, so...

1. CoCo
    2. hikingmonk
    3. pandabear
    4. tallen
    5. TL136

We will accomplish week 1, by Sunday. As soon as the group is closed, I will post the tasks.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm intersted, I never ran before in my life. I'm planning on getting new fitted shoes this week.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I'm intersted, I never ran before in my life. I'm planning on getting new fitted shoes this week.

Will you be able to start this week?
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have started up to the third run one week one... Am I too far gone to take part?! I would be mOre than happy to repeat some.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Will you be able to start this week?

Yes. I will get my shoes on Friday.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I am on W3D2, is that too far in to join?
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey Felicia,

I'll join you! I made it to about Week 5ish last year, then I for some reason stopped, but I've been thinking about trying again, so this is as good of a time as any! Let me know the details!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I am on W3D2, is that too far in to join?

Sorry just read the whole intro - good luck to everyone!
  • TeeTooFatt
    Options
    Im very interested in running with you all, I was up to week 3 and ended up starting over due to lack of motivation. Im leaving for basic training in february and I need to get my *kitten* in shape lol. You can count me in
  • AngelOiCu812
    AngelOiCu812 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I recently Quit smoking Sept 5th ..And felling great !!!! I am willing to try although not sure how far I can run. I have been walking briskly 30 mins a day for a week now and just started throwing in a brief jog near the end. I would like to try.... add me if you like and fill me in,,,,,,, a challenge is just what I need :smile:
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Looks like we have our group. Please note, that those who have started may have to repeat a day, or linger. We'll start this week :
    1. CoCo
    2. hikingmonk
    3. pandabear
    4. tallen
    5. TL136
    6. ysmatar
    7. lilyinlove
    8.khollyk
    9.teetoofat
    10. angel6191966

I will send a post for the closed group and additional instructions. Please make the committment to not just show up, but to see it through. I'm counting on us to do this!!