Crohn's

Options
Anyone else with Crohn's on here? If so, what foods tend to "sit better" with you?

For me:

Foods that are good: breads, pasta, meat (chicken and turkey mostly, but steak is okay too).

Sometimes "problem" foods: too much dairy, tea (weird, I know), greasy foods.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you go to the search button above and ask your question, you will get all the answers you want. My son has Crohn's and it is terrible. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • brandydelight
    brandydelight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have Ulcerative Colitis, similar to Crohn's. I eat a high fiber, low fat diet. I have learned over time stress is my main trigger, emotions, not food, but I dont stray off my diet much , last flare up was when I tried a "Full Bar " , it almost killed me. I had to go back on my meds. I stay in remission most the time. I worked with a dietian, a stress coach and I excerise on regular basis. I also switched to Almond Milk and eat yogurt every day. Its tough to lose weight when your diet is limited and my belly is aways bloated so I look fat no matter what. Can never get an accurate measurement on waist and belly area.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have crohn's and it all varies from day to day.

Good foods: I can tolerate most vegetables, any grain that isn't white, fruits, poultry, fish, raw sugar (not white), potatoes, etc.

Bad foods: I can no longer drink milk and have to limit the amount of cheese. I don't really eat beef anymore or pork (with the exception of the occasional breakfast sausage -- it's too good). I've become allergic to cashews and some tree nuts. Ever so often, gluten gives me issues.

Either way -- thank god for food diaries =) mine is open if you want to look at it.
  • swiviol
    swiviol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to drink about 3 glasses of milk a day, now I limit myself to 1 or 2 per week. I can eat pizza but not in huge quantities, probably a good thing anyways. :)
  • swiviol
    swiviol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you go to the search button above and ask your question, you will get all the answers you want. My son has Crohn's and it is terrible. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:

Thanks!

Yeah, I was diagnosed with it about 3 years ago (senior year of college) so it's still a "learning" process for me.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to drink about 3 glasses of milk a day, now I limit myself to 1 or 2 per week. I can eat pizza but not in huge quantities, probably a good thing anyways. :)

Agreed! Except the milk part. But I can eat pizza but if I eat too much or eat it the next day -- I'll definitely regret it.