Before and After...now what? (with pics)

Options
DSC_0145.jpgphoto.jpg

What do you recommend?
So now I have reached my goal, which was to go back to my Marine Corps weight. I went from 161 to 140. Am I happy, YES, but now I WANT MORE. I don't think I want to get skinnier, but just tone up. I amhappy with my arms and legs but that darn belly flab is is what I want to get rid off. I can feel my abs and the muscle, I just wish I could see them too...lol... So I have a question, I know that you need to do cardio to get rid of fat. Since I now just want to tone up, should I stick to regular weight lifting? Winter/Fall is coming and I know pretty soon I won't be able to run outside and I don't have a treadmill so I started the ON DEMAND exercise program, well technically I am going to start, but I am worried that I will concentrate on toning and gain weight because I am not doing cardio. I have stoped doing too much cardio just because my knees are not liking it at all, I have to see a ortho this month ;(

Replies

• ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    u look great
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WOW!!
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    wow u look great!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I don't have suggestions for you - just that you look amazing!!! Great work!!!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I HEARD 30ds helps you lose inches instead of lbs.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Now you focus on maintaining.
    You look great!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to run for a couple months (injury) and I was afraid of the same thing (too little cardio). The elliptical machine can give you a great workout if you use the arms and choose a program that ramps up the incline and tension in intervals. Jillian Michaels' DVDs tone up problem areas and still give you a great calorie burn because she uses intervals, too. You sweat BUCKETS. Zumba, believe it or not, is also a good cardio workout that tones up bellies, butts, and thighs with the movements. And it's fun.

Adding in weights here and there will tone you up, too. But you're right -- leaving out the cardio won't do what you want.

Hope that helps!
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Find a fitness program On Demand that has cardio included. Jillian Michael's had great videos that include cardio. Also Zumba is great as well...and fun!
  • ladycor
    ladycor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yoga is a great way to tone up and not bulk up. I hear that's the only exercise Madonna does these days. Ballet could also be a fun way for you to tone up and reshape your muscles.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels dvds - short, indoors and super good for toning all over (and generally only about £5/$10 each). I found 30 Day Shred hard on the knees though, Ripped In 30 was better and I think it's more designed to build muscle than lose fat, but there's still the cardio intervals in there. Just bought 6 Week 6 Pack too, as tummy is my problem area also.

Don't know if that's the kind of thing you were thinking but I really can recommend her :flowerforyou:
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You do look great, congrats. I want to see the answers to this question too!
  • jesn311
    Options
    You look great!! My recommendation...is hit the weights. I do 20-30 minutes of warm up on the treadmill each day (except cardio days) and then work out either my upper body, or lower body. You can research some weight training online. If you want an idea of a normal week for me, email me and I'll break it down for you. Good luck! and congrats!
  • JoniGo
    JoniGo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am sure you had to change your clothing size. :-)
    I would encourage you to look at a few things:

1) Video: VIDEO: Bad science, big business created obesity epidemic
    http://www.cas.usf.edu/news/s/169/#VIDEO

2) Book: Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
    3) Book: Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson; also see corresponding blog at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You have had really great results! As far as what to do to workout to tone and avoid gaining fat, you might check out some high intensity interval training. I have had really good results with it - the workouts are usually very short, and very intense. I get a lot of my workouts from bodyrock.tv (website) and I think they are fun too - they are also free.
    Great job getting where you are! Good luck!
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You have had really great results! As far as what to do to workout to tone and avoid gaining fat, you might check out some high intensity interval training. I have had really good results with it - the workouts are usually very short, and very intense. I get a lot of my workouts from bodyrock.tv (website) and I think they are fun too - they are also free.
    Great job getting where you are! Good luck!

I cam accross yesterday on the excercisetv. website, it was awesome!! I haven't tried it but I will certaintly give it a go!
  • sarahi2009
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the advice and compliments. I has been a great journey so far, I am even getting hubby to eat better with me and one of my main goals is to teach my kids how to eat and be healthy and start them at now that they are little!
  • sarahi2009
    Options
    Way to go! I am sure you had to change your clothing size. :-)
    I would encourage you to look at a few things:

1) Video: VIDEO: Bad science, big business created obesity epidemic
    http://www.cas.usf.edu/news/s/169/#VIDEO

2) Book: Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
    3) Book: Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson; also see corresponding blog at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

LOL...yes, I went froma size 11-12, to a 6-7. I did have to change some of my clothing, but I also had clothing from before that was the size I am now, so it woked out great.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You cant see the "tone" of the muscle, that you "toned up" with lifting, if you dont loose the fat that is covering it - that is why you should do cardio too... only way to loose that belly!
  • sarahi2009
    Options
    You cant see the "tone" of the muscle, that you "toned up" with lifting, if you dont loose the fat that is covering it - that is why you should do cardio too... only way to loose that belly!

Yeah I was afraid of that...lol...Oh well I need to find a cardio base home work out then...lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!