Today

Options
bandandn
bandandn Posts: 49 Member
my calorie deficit is 1489
How much do I need to burn to loose 1lb pound??
Or to loose 2 lbs pounds ????

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think there is some confusion about the vocabulary. Calorie deficit means the difference between the number of calories you're consuming and the number of calories your body burns.

What is this number 1489? The number of calories MFP has given you as a goal?
    Did you already enter your personal info and goals in MFP?
    If you already entered your goals, the calorie goal already includes your desired weight loss rate. A rate of 1lb per week equals a deficit of 500 calories per day (eating 500 calories less than maintenance).
  • bandandn
    Options
    1489 is what I need to loose 1 pound
  • bandandn
    Options
    I went on calorie calculator website says this
    Maintenance weight 1989
    Mold weight loss 1739
    Weight loss 1lb 1489
    Extreme weight loss 2lb 989
    ?????????????
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your question is then, since you know 1489 is the number you pulled consume for 1lb of loss per week? (theoretically anyway)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    I have read many of your posts and threads over the past two weeks.

I would say, with much kindness to you, that you need to slow down, take a deep breath and stop bouncing around like a ping pong ball.

You seem extremely stressed, and in a huge hurry to lose weight very quickly.

Sure, you can cut to “989 calories” a day to lose two pounds a day. But In a few months, when you look in the mirror and your face looks like a skeleton, your complexion is poor, and your hair has begun falling out, will you be that much happier? And will you ricochet and begin eating everything in sight because you’ve punished your body and soul?

I know slow loss sounds boring and unexciting. But it is the best way to lose weight, is less torture, and gives you the best chance to keep it off in the future.

Take a deep breath, tell yourself you love yourself and look forward to a healthy future with yourself, set some reasonable goals and come up with a plan you can live with to achieve your goals. Forever.

Hugs to you.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    And PS: weight loss doesn’t have to be oatmeal and such at every meal, if you have a plan.

Right now, as I type this, I’m eating a Lidl focaccia I broiled with some chopped coppa ham and a slice of Swiss cheese, and a giant salad.

It’s delicious and within my calorie goals, and I’ve been looking forward to it on the menu I planned a week ago.

Tomorrow will be a large Apple fritter doughnut, a huge salad with bacon, and a nice steak and potato dinner.

Pardon me, if you love oatmeal, great. Otherwise, screw that. Eat what you like, but within limits and based on a plan.

There’s lots of successful members here who have open diaries you might take a peek at.
  • bandandn
    Options
    Thanks the the advice coming real fast to about yes your right i don't want to look like that I should just be happy within loosing 1 pound better than gaining