I did 5 5ks this week!

Options
becky444
becky444 Posts: 145 Member
HUGE NSV for me! I did at least 3.1 miles on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and now today was 4.54 miles! Today was in honor of my dad. I would have been his bday. He died at 48 from pneumonia. I called it my 5K for breathing. :) Now if the scale would give in. :)

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is fantastic - you should be so proud of yourself.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am in need of signing up for some myself!
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    GREAT job!!! I would be really proud, too! And what a fabulous way to remember your father :heart:
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing!
  • GreenTea703
    Options
    Whats next? 10 10ks, or 20 20ks. Ouch my legs hurt thinking about it.
  • robmaguire1
    Options
    Wow!! And I'm freaking out because i'm doing a 5K run two days in a row next month.
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Now I have stupid shin splints but Im working on stretching and drinking enough water.
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great job Becky!! Sorry about your Dad. 48 is so young!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Now I have stupid shin splints but Im working on stretching and drinking enough water.
    Congrats on your success! You might want to think about backing off from running every day, though. That's going to help your shin splints more than anything. They are often caused by over-doing it. Find a non- or low-impact cardio workout for the days in between.
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! =D You did good, and I must say I'm inspired...way to go! :D
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    WOW! I thought I was doing good by running my first 5K ever this past weekend. I need to kick it into overdrive. Congrats! :drinker:
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Amazing NSV! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!