What are your "go to" snacks or meals?

Options
What foods are your "go to's" for snacking or meals? We're all so busy with all the craziness of life, its hard to come up with new snack and meal ideas that are a no brainer when the 3:00 slump hits. Lets cheat off each other!

Replies

• ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    • Greek Yogurt
    • Starkist Flavoured Tuna Packets mixed with a touch of light mayo, and dollop of light sour cream.
    • Protein Shake
    • Sliced Turkey Wrap with a 45 cal Tortilla.
    • Fruit
    • Air Popped Popcorn with Kernals Seasoning.
    • Sugar free Fudgsicles when I need chocolate.
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love refrigerated pickles and queen olives. Skinny pop popcorn for chips sub. Or for the sugar and protein fix; Simply Protein bars. And coffee.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    for snacks? fruit. yogurt. the boom chicka pop popcorn is pretty good. been awhile since i had that.

easy no brainer meals? in the summer we eat a LOT of grilled chicken salads. usually 2-3 times a week lol what else do i do when i dont want to cook (and in the summer i really dont want to cook lol)...

BLT's.

tomato soup and grilled cheese. havent done that in awhile.

chicken and veg (whatever you have on hand) in pesto over pasta. had that the other night (no pasta for me).

roasted kielbasa and veg on a sheet pan (can also use chicken). spritz with olive oil and italian seasoning or whatever you want. super easy.

sauteed chicken breasted tossed in apricot jam in the skillet. gives nice flavor and color and doesnt add many calories. might do that for supper tomorrow lol

i find a ton if ideas off pinterest. some i make 'as is' - many i modify. i try to keep my boards fairly organized. doesnt mean i always succeed lol https://www.pinterest.com/cookbakelive/dinner/
  • truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt
    Club crackers and tuna
    Peanut butter and apples
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My snacks are the simple "grab and go" kind. I usually just grab a piece of fruit or vegetable and bite into it without any special prep. Apples, tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes...etc. I also sometimes have boiled lupins in the fridge, very satisfying. Unshelled sunflower seeds are a great idle snack, too. They're light and take time to eat, so it feels like I've eaten a lot.

If I'm willing to put in a little bit of work I'll pop some popcorn or open a can of beans/tuna and make a quick salad. I may even eat a bit of leftovers for a snack if I'm hungry.

If I have the calories, I like potato chips or M&M'S.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Snacks - Yogurt and/or cottage cheese with berries, boiled eggs, popcorn, fruit/veg (sugar snap peas are wonderful snacking), and in a real 'can't think must eat' pinch a protein shake.

Meals - premade frozen burger patties, chicken breast, frozen fish fillet (not breaded, clearly), made in the air fryer with a side of literally any veg or thrown over spinach. Also a 2 egg cheese omelet with toast, turkey sausage, and sugar free maple syrup.

Well those are the lower calorie/higher nutrition ones. In truth my actual 'snacks' are mostly those but also include chips, ice cream, or a candy bar about once a day. I am currently crazy about those Godiva dark chocolate 'domes'. They come in a 3 pack for 170 calories and are delicious.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and/or sweet and salty popcorn. Or fruit.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Snacks - nuts, fruit, cheese, bbq or peri peri chicken slices, protien bars.

Quick meals - Omlettes with loads of veggies and cheese
    I always batch cook lots of curries, chilli and bolognese to pair with extra veggies or carbs if I'm really hungry that day.
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    truGAINS wrote: »
    Greek Yogurt
    Club crackers and tuna
    Peanut butter and apples

Some PBfit mixed into any flavoured greek yogurt is so good as a dipping sauce for apples. I forgot about that one. I usually do coconut greek yogurt with it. Yum.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast with egg or some other protein, pickles, tomatoes, olives, seasonal fruit
  • mvgardner
    mvgardner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m a runner and intermittent faster:

Go-to first meal of the day - Athletic Greens drink, Optimum Nutrition GS whey protein (vanilla ice cream flavor) w/ almond milk, 2 slices Dave’s Killer Bread Powerseed toast with 2 tbsp Rx or Good Friends vanilla almond butter. Great balanced macros, lots of nutrients, and keeps me full a long time.

Snacks - Simple Mills seed flour or almond flower crackers w/ aged cheddar, coconut/vanilla Greek yogurt w/ Bare Naked Fit Triple Berry granola, a piece of fruit, rice cakes, raw broccoli and celery, hummus

Dinners - Spinach salad with chicken, roasted turkey breast, or turkey burgers and maybe some black beans, baked potato, air fried veggies, or Zatarain’s dirty rice.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    usually nuts of some sort, beef jerky, fruit
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Plant protein shake, home made green smoothie, Vegan " Tuna" packet, rice cake with pb and preserves, bag of greens, bowl of broccoli
  • kensingtonplabz
    kensingtonplabz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Biltong, Almonds & Fruits
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Our go to dinner when dead tired: fry some onions with diced chicken and diced bell pepper (or any veg that is in the fridge); add a can (or two) of tomatoes and a cup of rice and let simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is soft. Add herbs and spices to taste (cajun or Mediterranean).

My soup that will get me through the winter: a chopped, unpeeled butternut with two sweet potatoes; boil with water and a stock cube for +- 30 minutes. Blend and add coconut milk, cayenne pepper and fresh cilantro.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I batch cook things like casseroles and burritos on the weekends to eat on during the week.

This week it's farro, mushrooms, spinach, sweet potato, chorizo pumfu (pumpkin seed protein) and green enchilada sauce.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt whipped with sugar free pudding mix and a little water

Cottage cheese/berries/balsamic/few grams Grape Nuts

Trader Joe’s vanilla meringues (4/90 cal)

Trader Joe’s organic fruit wraps (45 cal)

Beef jerky

A smoothie of banana/cashew milk/Greek yogurt/ sugar free chocolate syrup/few grams TJ fair trade cacaopowder/ tsp decaf coffee granules/as much ice as I can get in the blender.

Lately: Grissini (thin Italian breadsticks, 3/60 cal) with a little tub of tomato & sardine pate (55 cal per tub)

Btw, if you ever need a chocolate hit, insert face in that bag of fair trade cacao powder and breath deep. Finest chocolate perfume. I’d roll in that stuff if I could.
  • PCGull
    PCGull Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    YoPro or Cottage Cheese with Fruit.
    Lately I've started to make my own protein ice cream.
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hummus & crackers

Skinny Pop popcorn

Granola bar

Crispy Minis Tortilla Style - Creamy Ranch (They kind of taste like cool ranch Doritos to me)

Fruit/pitted dates

Dark chocolate

I like to have something sweet after dinner so have made the following recipes lately to have on hand

2 ingredient no bake chocolate fudge bars: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/two-ingredient-chocolate-fudge-bars/

Jello Fluff: https://simple-nourished-living.com/2-ingredient-creamy-jello-yogurt-fluff.

Pumpkin Fluff: https://pointedkitchen.com/pumpkin-fluff-weight-watchers/
  • elspectre
    elspectre Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tuna, cherry tomatoes, Klamata olives, mustard, a bit of relish and mayo, maybe sun dried tomato, some garlic or hummus, all mixed up and eaten with a spoon. Basically, a breadless tuna fish sandwich with veggies.

Not gourmet, but it's a satisfying lunch for around 400kcal with loads of flavor.