Discouraged

Hi,
I been stuck on 137lbs for around a month, now I gain 2 pounds, I did was depressed for a day and eat ice cream, soda…can it been in just one day I gain 2 ponds? I’m so down about this I work so hard everyday on workout and diet, all my hard work for nothing? So much hard work for little result well not even I gain 2 pounds.😭

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    did you eat 7000 calories worth of ice cream and soda?

probably not.

and for most adults, 137 pounds is going to be in a healthy weight zone.

83c0k741rhsg.jpg

lgoodc7rs790.jpg

• LiliRose2707
    LiliRose2707 Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks I appreciate your comments.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    If you are a female with a menstrual cycle and are premenstrual or ovulating you could be retaining water from that.

New exercise can also make you retain water, as can meals with higher than normal sodium, etc., etc.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    There could be different reasons. Maybe too much salt in your diet? 137 is a good weight for most people. Someone who is a normal weight might find losing more weight hard. Maybe you have plateaued for a bit. It happens to all of us now and then. Don't be discouraged about messing up one or two days. Just continue on your plan. You'll get there.
  • LiliRose2707
    Thanks.😊
  • patriciafoley1
    patriciafoley1 Posts: 137 Member
    I've heard to process one gram of carb requires 2 grams of water, so you retain water weight processing carbs. Also if you were drinking soda, it has a lot of sodium (salt) in it, 200 mg per glass. I'm supposed to be on a low salt diet, so I don't drink soda any more, even diet soda. I need my sodium grams for food. Give it a few days and your 2 pounds should largely disappear. If you are discouraged about plateauing while in a calorie deficit but not moving, try mixing up your diet, go keto for a couple of weeks, or try fasting, and see if a change jump starts you into losing again.
  • LiliRose2707
    Thank for your reply.🙂
  • Nicole_Darling00
    Nicole_Darling00 Posts: 32 Member
    Agree with everyone! Continue what you’re doing and the scale will move. If you feel like you’re holding on to water try some green tea. It will make you void, a lot 😬
  • LiliRose2707
    Thanks.