I ❤️ my Garmin bike radar!

Options
I forgot to charge it and, as was bound to happen, the battery eventually died. I noticed I spent the rest of my ride feeling slightly less safe, looking behind me more often, and having to think more about traffic. I love having my watch just vibrate noticably wherever there's a car approaching from behind, and it being able to tell me how many cars and where the gaps in traffic are.

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Great gadget, i love mine too! Was a present from my daughter after i was hit on the road. I can't imagine riding without it. One time i left for work and realized i left it behind on my other bike, it was too late to go back for it. I was so panicked at first, and then uncomfortable for the rest of commute. Doing same thing you did, looking back too much, checking mirror, focusing on what's behind rather than what is ahead. My radar projects on the bike computer, I don't have Garmin watch. But it shows all cars approaching, beeps when someone new shows up behind. And it alerts me before i can even see it if i was to look.