evening eating ahh?!

I find myself eating in the evenings and i tend to eat chocolate biscuits which obvs isn't good, i just really want to eat them! anyone got any advice as how i can avoid this?

Replies

• melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    hat's helped me to est about the same amout of calories at each meal (about 325). I'll have a small snack between breakfast and lunch, about 150 calories. I'l also have a snack between lunch and dinner, about 325 calories. Smetimes I'll have a snack after dinner but its usually pretty small.

It's all about blood sugar stabalization. Eating every 3-4 hours helps stabalize blood sugar but you need to make sure you've got a good balance of lean protein, carbs, and fat or you'll most likely be hungry soon after you're done with your snack.

Eating before bed isn't ideal but you do need to make sure you're getting the proper nutrition. If you have to eat late at night you might try a protein smoothie or Shakeology. If you find you're prone to snacking you can brush your teeth after eating. Food seems less appetizing when you have a toothpaste taste in your mouth.

Feel free to take a look at my food diary...just not yesterday, it was not a good day! Good luck!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    have it inthe morning?
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    I find that if I eat more fat during the day, I don't have cravings (especially for carbs) between meals or at night. I personally love coconut oil, and try to add that to my meals, but you could try pastured butter, nut butters, lard, or something else that you like more. Good luck!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Have healthier snack options on hand and stop buying chocolate biscuits :)
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    don't buy chocolate biscuits!

Easier said than done when there are others in the home though.

I have healthy versions of this sort of thing, so if I really fancy it I can have a low cal version. A kit-kat is low calories and quite satisfying :-)
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    You have to just get them OUT OF YOUR HOUSE! If they aren't there - you can't eat them! When I committed to this, I removed all of the junk food from the house. That way if I want something "bad" I have to actually leave home to get it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    fit the chocolate biscuits into your daily calorie allotment
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    eat a filling meal, like low-calorie pasta. i'm assuming you're not from the states, since you said "biscuit," and not "cookie." :) over here, we have 100 cal. packs of cookies or biscuits, in chocolate chip. they are just as yummy-- just smaller! idk if it's sold where you're from, but if so, try that. just stick to one pack! lol :)
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    I always eat most in the evenings.... I eat less during the day to enable me to do so. Hasn't hindered my weight loss!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    I don't see any issue. I have ice cream every night just before bed.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Every time I have the urge to eat in the evening I drink a giant glass of water and brush my teeth. The best thing I have found to resist temptations is not have it in my house!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    fit the chocolate biscuits into your daily calorie allotment

This. If you know you are going to have some later, just make sure you prepare for it!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Don't allow them in the house then you can't eat them. I usually go for air popped popcorn. ( I have a popper and get bulk corn at the store). It's like 50 calories per cup or per 2 cups. And if you want chocolate, maybe have a serving of dark chocolate. Or the brushing your teeth thing. That always works for me.. nothing tastes good after that, and I use Crest mouth wash and it recommends not eating for half an hour. By that time, I've found something to occupy myself and forget all about snacking.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Are you eating because you're hungry, or just because you're bored/stressed/tired? If it's because you're hungry, have lots of fruit & veg in the house, and banish those chocolate biscuits! If it's for other reasons, then try and find other things to occupy your mind - read a book, watch a film, go for a walk.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    How about this. Do not buy them, therefore you can not eat them. Problem solved.

Also, I want to add that I eat dessert EVERY NIGHT no matter what. That is the one thing I will not give up. But, I work it into my calorie count so it is not an issue.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    if the issue is that you thing eating at night is bad, don't worry about that. There is no reason not to eat at night. It will not in and of itself cause the food you eat to magically become fat. Your body does not shut down at night, nor does your metabolism stop. For most people their daily activity only accounts for a small percent of the total calories burned in a day. Mine is about 20-30% of my total calories burned, and those calories burn all day since much of what is burned is to keep things like your heart beating and your brain working. This is not to mention that at night the repairs to the wear and tear on your muscles is done also taking calories in particular protein. So eating late at night is not a problem.

If the problem is your go over your calories, as stated allow for your evening snack by eating less through the day.

If the problem is that once you start to eat at night you can't stop, then you may need to stop eating at night or substitute things like carrot sticks which are high in fiber and take a long time to eat because you have to chew them up.
  • I usually go for microwave popcorn or fruit. Last night it was diced watermelon and that took care of the craving. Other times, a smoothie made with banana, vanilla yogurt, 1%milk, powdered cocoa and a few ice cubes will do the job and fill you up!