70 next month!!

Options
i walk 5-6 days a week 20-30 min to work in AM , 20min to swim after work, and 30 min to home. i am trying to loose wt. to releive my knees. i only eat 2 meals daily. i have been doing this for almost 2 years. Seem to hit a plateau. i have added strength arobics to my swim and can do my pull-ups good now also have notice my 1& 1/2 hr workout is getting done in 75 min. now.--maybe i am adding muscle and not loosing.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,907 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're really active, which is great! (I'm pretty active, too, at age 65.)

Have you been calorie counting before you joined MFP, or just trying to eat less often or healthier? Before I joined MFP and started calorie counting, I was already very active - had been for almost a dozen years - but was still class 1 obese. For me, just doing lots of exercise didn't result in weight loss. It did make me stronger and fitter, for sure, though.

The calorie counting with MFP was a huge useful tool for me, let me figure out how much to eat (calorically) to achieve my weight goals, and some experimenting with what I ate in order to feel full, happy, well-nourished at that calorie level. These days, I'm just hanging around here to maintain a healthy weight, which is where I've been for 5+ years since loss.

Gaining muscle is a slow process inherently, and especially so in our demographic, but it sounds like you've really gotten strong, and gaining a few pounds of muscle in 2 years is probably something that could happen, with the right exercise stimulus and good nutrition (especially protein).

Wishing you much success with MFP!
  • MeMeJZ
    MeMeJZ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will be 70 in May of 2022. The last couple have been a struggle....with health and emotions. Funny...not...how they play on and against each other. I used to walk a lot, but lame excuses and life events have set me back. I want me back!! Determined to make it work this time.