Profile/Age

Options
I have been using MFP on and off for a while, but now starting to use it consistently to track my macros. I noticed my profile is showing my age, so I put in a different age just so that it wouldn't give away my real age. But I was wondering if there is a way to hide your age in your profile. I don't want to make my entire profile private, just my age. And I'm not sure if the age is only visible to me or to anyone who views my profile. Any input would be appreciated!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I've just checked your profile and your age is not visible.
    Just FYI, MFP uses your age as one of the elements that determine your calorie goal, so I wouldn't enter just any random number :smile:
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    If you're on a computer, here's how you would set the privacy settings for your age on your profile.

wf8lnqej5ges.jpg

In the settings menu, (circled at top of page) there's an option for "Privacy Settings" (circled in middle right of page) where you can use the drop-box to select who can see your age.

peh1do8nzo4m.jpg

• IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When you go to your own profile, it shows your age, but when other people go to your profile it isn't on there. Like someone else mentioned, MFP uses your age to figure out your recommended intake, so it should be accurate.
  • miriam193
    miriam193 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much, you've been most helpful!