Xbox 360 workout games

Options
My fiance and I are saving up for an xbox 360. He wants it for the games obviously but I want it for the kinect to do some extra workouts.

What games do you recommend for working out? Just Dance, Zumba? Which one is your favorite? Do you get decent burns when you workout with the xbox?

Replies

• keyariloses
    keyariloses Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dance Central, Zumba and Just dance. All three will give you great workouts. I alternate between them for at least an hour a day and burn between 600 and 800 each day
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    UFC gives a great workout
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The Your Fitness Evolved works like a workout video, but it scans you into the game and monitors your movement and makes sure you are doing it correctly
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I dont have the Xbox, but I have the Wii. But the games are pretty much the same. I don't burn as many calories with Just Dance as I do with Zumba in the same amount of time. But I get a great burn either way because you are trying to win and not so much focuse on exercise. Plus when I really try do the moves completely correct I get an even better workout. Oh yea! Just Dance 2 and The Michael Jackson game is great has more up to date songs on them and the moves are little harder. Also look into the EA sports/exercise games.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have fitness evolved and as mentioned before you get 'scanned' into the tv and I love it. Offers a variety of different workouts and you can download add-ons from the net such as cardio party, boxing etc. Very recommended!