low cal Alcohol mixed drinks

2»

Replies

• vodka and soda water with 3 limes!
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    oooo and they have the new ones the appletini and mojto and margreta i think im gonna do that 2 night!! :)

The appletini was VERY sour (I liked it though) The Mojito was the BEST, didn't like the margreta.
    I keep pitchers full in my fridge.
  • comerfordjl
    comerfordjl Posts: 6 Member
    I use this site. http://www.drinksmixer.com/ You can search for most liquors. Most give the calorie content/count. Just remember that the calorie count is for 1oz (unless otherwise stated) and a shot is usually considered 1 1/2 oz. After a few drinks making that mistake could add many more calories than you are counting.
  • Vodka. Vodka on average has about 100 calories a jigger and is one of the lowest calorie liquors. Bacardi rums aren't too bad either. I would just recommend to use diet soda over regular and definitely over juice. You could end up close to doubling calories just on the mixer! My personal favorite is 3 Olives Rootbeer Vodka and diet coke. Ask the bartender to put in a creamer, it tastes just like a rootbeer float!

I recommend CalorieKing.com. You can search "alcohol" and it'll bring up everything; All sorts of cocktails, caloric content by shot/jigger, Smirnoff Ice, beer are there. It's ridiculous! how many calories we can consume in a night out. No wonder so many college kids gain extra weight-age.
  • My favorite thing to do (which is still satisfying) is to have them mix one glass of white wine (about 120 calories) with club soda (0 calories) over ice and I drink it with a straw like a mixed drink. It is the calorie equivalent of one drink but lasts me about 3 drinks worth (of time it takes to finish it). It also keeps you hydrated.

I also do the exact same thing with gin (97 calories per 1 1/2 oz), which you could replicate with vodka. Have them put a twist of lime/lemon/orange or a few maraschino cherries in, and you're golden!

Bottoms up!! : )