Road trip snack ideas needed

Options
I am taking a road trip from Wisconsin to Tennessee with a group of friends and am concerned about what I will eat in the car. I know the others are planning on bringing lots of high calorie snacks, which is fine but I need to bring my own healthy snacks so I can still have something when they do. I know if I don't bring something for myself I will just stuff my face with licorice or something. :ohwell:

I already thought I would bring some turkey jerky and nuts for protein, but other than that I couldn't think of anything. Any ideas for snacks that will last for days in a car that won't break my calorie bank?

Thanks!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips! You can eat a ridiculous amount for under 150 calories and are delicious. Nuts are also a good snack to have on hand.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Flavored sunfolwer seeds. My husban buys them on line they are called Giant Sunflower seeds and they are much bigger then the one you can buy at the store.
    apple with cheese helps fight hunger.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Bring a small cooler and pack it with fruit, celery with peanut butter or almond butter, cheese. Make some veggie chips.

I love to make my own trail mix. I mix 1 portion each of almonds, dried bananas, raisins, walnuts and chocolate chips. Then I figure out the calories in it. Then divide it into 3 snack bags, and label the bag with the calorie content of each. LOVE this for taking to the movies!!! And you can use any type of nut and fruit that you want.

Hummus and blue corn chips.

Good luck.
    God bless!