Over the hill but determined

Options
Hi everyone
looking for people to add me.
50yo 19st looking to reach 14st.
I’m a shift worker also using intermittent fasting 16:8 and now back at the gym.

Please add me up, chat soon 👍💯👋

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    You’re 50 and you consider yourself “over the hill”?

LOL. That’s the first thing you might want to change - your mindset. That’s not even close to being out of the game. There are people on here in their 70s and 80s that will tell you they are in the best shape of their lives.
    You’ve got this 😊
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    I don’t remember any hill…. ;)
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    No way - you are so NOT over the hill. Because if you are, it means I am. And I am no way OVER the hill.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    50 ain't no hill. I'm still looking for the hill (at 65), but not trying real hard to find it.

No matter where we are - age, weight, fitness - that's where we are, no matter how much we might wish it otherwise. Smartest sign in the world, one we see everywhere: "You are here." Only place from which that next step can begin.

Where to head, and how: That's the question.

MFP's a useful tool. Sounds like you already have a workout routine: That's a plus. And a strategy, IF. Good to have one that fits our individual strengths, preferences, limitations. If IF's that for you, excellent. (Old hippie that I am, it would make me want to riot 😆, but that doesn't matter to anyone but me. 😉)

On top of all of that, that little cutie with you in your profile pic looks like some good motivation to stay healthy and active.

All that remains is to Get. This. Done.

And you can. Best wishes for success!
  • TaraGman1990
    TaraGman1990 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do so much in your 50's! I feel old just by being 30 haha!

We can add each other if you like as I am new to friends on Myfitnesspal.

I tried IF, 16:8 but I just couldn't do it. Plus I was told because of my medical condition, PCOS, that I shouldn't really do it but everyone is different.

You can do it though. Work it. 💪
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Bro, I'm 57 soon to be 58. I can do A LOT of physical things that 20 years of today do. You'll have some aches and pains, but the body is really good at adapting to whatever environment you put it into. And if that's the gym, you'll see how you can still be physical enough to do some of the same things when you were young.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PositiveReality
    PositiveReality Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Perception is everything, you can do anything you are willing to work for. It has taken me a while to get used to this app. I began small and little by little reduced my calorie intake. I am 49 and I will celebrate my 50th year with bliss as in my opinion it's an accomplishment not a detriment. Change your perception and you will change your life. Your best years are in front of you.