Adventure

Options
I have really enjoyed adventures this summer. Fitness adventures. Climbed Enchanted Rock in Fredericksburg Tx, paddle boarding and cycling. Who else has had fitness adventures?

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    hiking and kayaking!
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Well, I'm not in maintenance now, but about 6 years ago when my sister and I were trying to decide where to go for a vacation I asked her if she'd be interested in exploring a cave. She was, and that started us doing a yearly vacation with an adventure component.

Wild Cave Tour - Mammoth Cave National Park. (Talk about motivation for losing weight!)
    Tree Top Adventures, basically zip-lines connecting various tree-high obstacle courses.
    A half-marathon - My second, a first marathon for my sister (she made it look so easy!)
    A 5K Mud Run through an obstacle course with lots of climbing and crawling involved... and mud of course.
    Backpacking along the Buffalo River in Arkansas for 5 days and 4 nights - a first for us both.
    Along the way also some minor stuff like a zip-line in a salt mine, a Segway tour, horseback riding, half-day kayaking trips, and lots of day hiking various park trails.

This October we're going to be kayaking or maybe canoeing amongst the cypress trees at Caddo Lake State Park in Texas. They say the alligators don't bother the humans. Gulp.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    Hiking
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I hiked the Appalachian Trail twice from Georgia to Maine, the Pacific Crest Trail through California, Oregon and Washington, and the Continental Divide Trail twice from Mexico to Canada and vice versa. Those took 5-6 months. Shorter hikes took me to the John Muir Trail, Great Divide Trail in Canada, part of the Grand Enchantment Trail in Arizona, parts of the Florida Trail, the Grand Canyon, Wind River Range, Absaroka Beartooths, Glacier NP, Yellowstone NP, and Alaska. I've also done a couple of week-long rafting trips (Grand Canyon and the Salmon River in Idaho).