bandandn
bandandn Posts: 49 Member
So if you eat more you got to burn those extra calories
I eat my calorie deficit how many steps do I need just to be active

Replies

• LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, every "scientific" answer using math since 2011 has never worked. It ended up being (for me) a copout to only do "what's required" and nothing more. This is a lifestyle change. It's not a game, or a "biggest loser contest". Use Simple goals:
    Less in than out, Exercise. (The kind that makes you soaked when you're finished) and finally? Sugar... Get rid of it #ReadLabels
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,550 Member
    Options
    It’s not all about steps. It’s about overall activity.

etc60j88sdfu.jpeg

You can enter your data here to update your goal and get current calorie allowance:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Have you thought about getting a fitness tracker? They don’t have to be elaborate or expensive. You can even buy used ones. Do you have a friend who could loan you one to see if you like using it?
  • springlering62
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Please don’t buy into the No Pain/No Gain mentality.

It’s not necessary.

There’s plenty of people here who have lost weight simply counting calories while eating mindfully. “Weight loss is made in the kitchen”.

I do workout a lot, but that’s because as I’ve lost my own weight, I’ve developed a love for being in motion all the time. When I rest, however, it is utter and total rest, until Siri reminds me on the hour I at least need to walk a lap around the house before plummeting to the sofa again.

My yoga instructors often tell us to be grateful for our bodies and thank them for what they can do for us. It’s not just mumble jumble. I understand now, and thank mine constantly.
  • bandandn
    bandandn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I notice when it comes to weekend on the day I rest I don't loose when it comes to weekday when I'm more active i see progress I loose 2 lbs or 1lbs
  • springlering62
    Options
    That would make sense. If you’re resting, you’re not burning as many calories.

I know it’s tempting, but your body needs rest.

I won’t lie, I have a hard idea with “rest”. I feel guilty, like I should be doing something, I’m missing calories I could be losing(!!!!), or that I’m faking it way through this, but on the days I do take rest, my performance is so much better the next day, and I’m not as generally fatigued.

It’s hard to rest when you’re driving yourself, or when you have a device on your wrist berating you to Close Those Rings! Get that virtual medal! Compete! Stand!

Sometimes I want to rip it off my wrist and throw it across the room.

I’ve had to remove myself from the so-called competitions fir that reason. I was obsessing over a perfect score.

If you’re a little (a lot!) OCD like me, the devices can be a brutal taskmaster, but otoh, I attribute much of my success to the analytics and chiming encouragement of my watch.

Life in the modern world can just be weird.