Today's Eye Opener!!

Options
LeeDahlen38
LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
Ok Todays Eye Opener: Morning Coffee!!
I am a stickler for my morning Coffee (Retired Trucker for 26 yrs) But in this game of life and weightloss/maintaining, there has to be some give and take: My coffee is 2 big cups with 2tablespoons Coffeemate and 3 teaspoons of Sugar in EACH.

You may think the Sugar is bad, and It is!! But Look at this instead! #ReadTheLabels

Sugar: Plan white: 6 tsp: 45Cals and 12.6G for my 2 big cups
Coffeemate Powder: 4 Tbsp: 140 Cals and TWENTY (20)g for my 2 big cups.
So It's the Coffeemate that runs my sugar up the worst in the morning!! Now is the coffee for the Caffeine and to wake me up or for my sweet tooth!! The decision is yours but if I am really serious about this stuff? I'll try to change this by maybe 1 big cup black, or maybe 1 small cream and sugar.
It's your decision, I just provide the info!
#ReadTheLabels #SugarNumbers #NoExcuses #IBelieveInYou

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Stevia + almond milk. 30 calories a cup, still sweet, still not black.

• TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have one mug in the morning with a tablespoon of a sweet creamer. 30 calories and 5g of sugar. I just add more coffee to the mug as it depletes but no more creamer. I end up drinking it black by the end. For some reason I just like the sweet in that very first cup.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    But....in another thread, didn't you say that you ditched the Coffeemate for whole milk?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    Jordan’s zero calorie Skinny Syrup and half a cup cashew milk in my two-cup mug. Total 12 calories.

This week is caramel creme cheesecake. Last week was chocolate coconut.

Satisfies my sweet tooth most ….satisfyingly (?)!!!

As good as any fancy coffee from a shop.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    I love a good cup of coffee and mad about tea I used to have 2 or 3 spoonfuls of sugar but slowly i reduced it and now i dint have any infact cant drunk it with sugar. You have to do whars right for you. Good luck
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    So many ways to skin this cat. A cup of coffee with moderate coffee mate creamer for the sweet tooth is 110 calories (no extra sugar added) It’s all carbs. If you can do one cup instead of two, you can have it daily, as sweet as you like it.

Work it into your total daily calorie plan. I’ve changed a lot of things in my nutrition plan. But I’ve kept my morning coffee and made other changes to allow me to keep it.

I do the same for my ice cream, cookies and sweets in general. While they aren’t every day snacks, let’s just say I refuse to turn them down when the time calls for them.

No your TDEE and have a calorie game plan, whether it’s to cut, bulk or just maintain. Then I would recommend, you still live a little or a lot, with your food choice. It’s all about CICO.
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I'm type 2 diabetic and Coffee is just one vice I want to keep.
    Cheers
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    I am type 2 diabetic .. I make my own coffee cream with heavy cream , coconut milk or cream, keto version of sweetner and use extracts like vanilla or hazelnut I also put butter in my coffee ...It keeps me full until lunch time :)
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,190 Member
    Options
    I used to only drink sweet coffee...but weaned myself so now I can have it with just milk. Heavier creams upset my stomach so if I don't ha e lactose pills I just use milk

It's easy to get used to and enjoy the taste of coffee. Sweet coffee now is just overwhelming